What was the last film you watched?

Was it perfect timing? Like the shitty Eurovision one you recommended?

Hahaha yeah thatā€™s the one, the scene was a lot ā€œsexierā€ with 2 attractive Hollywood A-listers acting it out than I imagine it was in prose :joy: :joy:

@Phoebica

Different league tbf, Call Me By Your Name is Oscar worthy.

As for the perfect timing comment, that was said in the sense that it was perfect due to unfortunate it was. The one time Hollywood makes a Eurovision film and it comes out in the one year Eurovision gets cancelled lol like something that would happen in the film.

It was also perfect timing in the sense that itā€™s the closest weā€™ll get to Eurovision this year so all the people who missed it this year (like me) can get our fix of silly campiness, a tone which the film nailed.

If it had just come out in a year with Eurovision, thereā€™d be nothing funny or ironic about it because it would have been a given that it would come out around the time of Eurovision.

1 Like

This is definitely true. Verging on the ridiculous. Piece Brosnanā€™s Icelandic accent was just embarrassing. Well all the accents were bad, but his attempt was the worst

I donā€™t like Will Ferrell anyway. I find him incredibly irritating. And his character in this film was no different.

1 Like

Youā€™ve made a much better fist of explaining it this time. Fair play. :xhaka2:

1 Like

Thanks shammy, couldnā€™t be bothered typing all that out last time :joy:

Yeah I watched it on Prime, you have to pay for it though if I remember. Really good film, in the mould of lock stock and snatch.

All the actors do a good job in my opinion, with Colin Farrell being the highlight playing a local gym leader/gangster. Hugh Grant also does an amazing job playing a bent journalist, I almost didnā€™t recognise him until my wife pointed it out! Lots of funny dialogue and a few good twists through out the film. I would recommend it.

What I wonā€™t recommend is a film called Nobodyā€™s fool starring, Tiffany Haddish, Omari Hardwick, Whoopie Goldberg and written and directed by Tyler Perry (Should of known it would suck).

The premise of the film is about a strong independent And successful black woman who has everything but the perfect guy, her sister played by (Tiffany Haddish) is your ratchet cliche girl from the hood who just got out of jail and ends up staying with her sister. Her sister is in a online relationship with a guy called Charlie who she has never seen or met although he meets all her criteria for being the perfect man, her streetwise sister thinks sheā€™s being cat fished, so Hatches a plan to prove this and help her sister. Omari Hardwick plays Frank a barista and coffee shop owner, who our protagonist buys coffee from everyday, and is madly and deeply in love with the main character, not charging her for coffee and giving her a rose everyday before work, heā€™s your had a hard life and been through lots of shit but has a heart of gold character, who although not perfect infact is perfect, and the guy who the main character Danika has been looking for along and heā€™s just been under her nose!

The story is horrible, the acting is even worse with the dialogue at times being Corny and cringey as fuck. It has pacing issues, with the film essentially ending half way through but then adding a twist which doesnā€™t add anything to the story but longs out the film for another hour, thatā€™s right this film is nearly 2 hours of Omari Hardwick being a muscley hard man with feelings and Tiffany Haddish being an annoying ghetto fabulous smart mouth. I have no idea how this screen play ever got bought by a studio, or how it made it to production let alone a box office release. In my life Iā€™ve watched 1000s of films but this has to rank as one of the worst film Iā€™ve ever seen. I feel as though Iā€™ve been robbed of my time, and If I could I would do a Stan and Kenny from Southpark and go to Tyler Perryā€™s house give him a Scottish handshake and demand my money back.

1/10 of ten film for me. Itā€™s so bad that Iā€™m considering signing up to IMDB to leave a review. Might have to even make multiple amounts!

2 Likes

I watched Queen & Slim on Sunday. Very good

1 Like

Anybody checked Project Power on Netflix? Jamie Foxx plays in it.

Yeah dont watch it. Its trash.

1 Like

Yeh Iā€™m about half way through, not digging it. Watched Upgrade though it was epic. Felt like an old school violent 80s sci fi.

1 Like

Interstellar

Will watch The Martian tonight

3 Likes

Unhinged 7/10

Sat watching this the other day an couldnt stop thinking how russle crow looks like 90s John Goodman.

Crow plays a psychopath who gets pissed at some random woman who overtakes him at a traffic light because he doesnā€™t go when it goes green. So basically kills people in her life to teach her what a bad day is.

1 Like

The Tax Collectors

Bit crap :grin:

Is that the Shia Lebeouef one?

Do you never just Google stuff? :joy:

1 Like

Yip, playing a Latino :joy:

1 Like

Donā€™t tell him. Make him Google like the rest of us do.

2 Likes

Itā€™s from the lot that made Training Day and End of Watch but isnā€™t a patch on those films. Lots of the actors are recognisable from the two films As well :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ve watched half of Green Book by the way

1 Like

Why only half? :hushed::grin: