What positions will Emery prioritise in the transfer window?

With the arrival of Emery and a reported 50m transfer budget, or more if we sell any players, what do people think are the main positions that he will strengthen?

The obvious position is CB because Kos won’t be starting next season, and his injury problems might mean he won’t be considered as a first team regular.
We also need younger GK, a replacement for Cazorla, and a winger, but which of these areas will Emery prioritise?

Also if he does sell, which players will it be?
Wilshere, Ramsey, Bellerin, Welbeck, Mustafi or Xhaka are often talked about for moves away, or will he keep all of them and try them in a different system to see how they perform?

Getting Emery in early is a good move, and he will have the whole window to do the business he needs, and to get the new signings in for pre season training, so what will he do?

Binning Mustafi hopefully

1 Like

Draxler is deffo coming now !

1 Like

I don’t think he should sell too many players.

We’ve already got a new manager with a new system and new backroom staff, if we start selling off too many players it could be too much upheaval all in one go especially in a World Cup summer where the pre-season will be cut short.

Who knows, a lot of our underperforming players could react really well to Emery’s style and could really start to up their game.

I’d say make a few additions, but don’t sell too much and let Emery see what he has to work with and how he can make it work.

4 Likes

Job 1: Cut Bellerin’s hair

Job 2: Add some defensive qualities into our defenders

Personally don’t see Bellerin, Xhaka or Welbeck going anywhere. Can see us sticking with Mustafi too. And Ramsey will only leave if he pushes for it.

It’s good that a lot of our players won’t be at the World Cup. He’ll have longer with them before the season starts.

5 Likes

Wonder if he’s looking at players he worked with at Sevilla and PSG.

RABIOT :giroud2:

1 Like

Neymar?

I don’t think our squad is as bad as most people think. I would go for a new keeper, a beast of a centre half, and a decent winger…most importantly though, a captain…one of our new signings HAS to be a leader…a strong leader…

1 Like

Slightly worried about Xhaka tbh. His lack of mobility doesn’t really mesh well with Emery’s typical midfield.

1 Like

Draxler would be awesome!

Honestly, I’m not expecting any signings that will truly blow me away. Remember when we bought Cazorla? Highly regarded in Spain yet not being scouted buy the big boys there for whatever reason. Maybe Kovacic from Real Madrid? A talented outcast of sorts plucked away.

Our wants after Wenger’s tenure (GK, CB, CM, Winger) may totally change after Emery has cast his eye over what we already have. I’m sure someone like Nelson or Chambers will unlock a new level in themselves with Unai at the helm.

I think we’re guaranteed an arrival in central defence regardless.

I reckon a hallmark of his previous team set ups is a tough tackling defensive midfielder - given his history. I think he’ll prioritise that. He’ll have players in mind already for those positions.

That fits in line perfectly with what we needed anyway.

1 Like

Nzonzi seems nailed on. A pacy winger is alsoa must looking at his previous teams. None of that iwobi shite.

1 Like

Midfield for sure. Read that Emery love hard-tackling midfielders.

1 Like

Indeed. We need a new midfield for sure.

What positions will Svengali prioritise in the transfer window? *

For the 80000000th window in a row we need a defensive midfielder.

We need a Draxler.

1 Like

Are you trying to get me erect or what

1 Like

Seen tweets/reports from PSG fans/journalists suggesting that if anyone was to follow Emery, the two likeliest are Draxler and Rabiot.

Draxler is good mates with Sead and Özil isn’t he? Not that that’s a good reason to move to a club, but still.

Money will be an issue, but we can all but hope… :pray:

1 Like