What are you watching?

You should probably watch Sex Education too

1 Like

It looks shit.

2 Likes

It’s actually brilliant. I love pretty much every character in it.

Too many vague Ozark related spoilers in here, guess I’ll need to stay the fuck away until I’ve caught up

2 Likes

Blame @DavidHillier

1 Like

PM me. I can’t use or unspoiler spoilers :joy::joy:

1 Like

Can you read this Dave?

you suck

Nope. Only the first sentence

1 Like

I learned it the other day. Damn, felt so handicaped I couldn’t discuss some things about movies and stuff.
Just click ond the screw-like button above the area you write in and click on the blur spoiler and just write there.

test testis testis

Here you go my fellow technophobe. :+1:

Indeed. All please put in spoilers or STFU.

Just opened an Ozark thread

Just finished Sunderland Till I Die, which was really good, and then watched the Gascoigne Doc on Netflix.

I watched Ozark season 1. Liked it but found it a bit unbelievable. Is it worth carrying on?

Right, hopefully that’s this thread cleared up of vague, semi or full blown spoilers for Ozark. Give me a nudge if I missed any and will move them over too.

Sorry @Sol lol

3 Likes

Thanks bbz

1 Like

Can we move Sunderland spoilers as well, please?

I’m still on the bit where they’re fighting relegation in the Championship and I wanna see how it works out, ta

7 Likes

YAAAAS

2 Likes

Ricky Gervais stopped being funny after The Office

Fat twat

2 Likes

I thought it was a good show but in no way worthy of the huge levels of acclaim it received. Like it was fine, much better than fine in some places, but then we also had the self indulgent bits where we had his character just act as a proxy for his real life views. Like, I’m not really interested in Gervais’ sixth form, new atheist talking points. That bit just sounded like a half arsed regurgitation of arguments put forth by Richard Dawkins about fifteen years ago.

5 Likes

Gervais in a nutshell. A fat nutshell

I genuinely don’t know anyone who loves The Office more than I do, no word of a lie probably about five times a day I see or hear something and think of a quote from the show that fits the scenario. If couldn’t even begin to place a figure on how many times I’ve watched those fourteen episodes. I also thought that Extras was really good at the time and bears rewatching, it was always gonna be hard to follow something like The Office but him and Merchant did a great job. So I’m very far from a Ricky Gervais hater.

But I think that basically everything he did after that (all without Merchant its worth noting) was middling (in fairness I think Afterlife is the best of this bunch), and he’s a distinctly average stand up comedian who gets way too much acclaim imo.

There’s a great HBO special called Talking Funny, it’s him hosting an intervoew/round table with Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock and Louis CK. While he is the de facto host, and therefore not necessarily put on the same pedestal as his guests, it’s kinda grating to see him being involved in that conversation as if he’s an equivalent stand up talent. And his laugh is annoying as fuck. Well worth a watch though particularly in these lock down times

4 Likes