What are you watching?

Yes, I’m watching it :smile:

1 Like

Got the final episode to go, but just watched episode nine…

Ben :sob: I’m an emotional mess right now, fucking hell. Such a good character, I didn’t expect to be so emotionally invested in him. The actor did a great job too

2 Likes

Totally agreed.

Arrival.
Surprised I hadn’t seen it yet, but watching it now. Got to say, it’s a slow burner(so far), but a classic one at that. Can’t wait to find out what these aliens are saying :grin::stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Community has arrived on Netflix :laca2:

2 Likes

I literally just watched it all again on Amazon prime video like a month ago. Was probably the first time I felt Prime Video was better than Netflix.

1 Like

Know what you mean. The Boys is one of the only other shows that made me feel that way for a minute

2 Likes

Oh yeh The Boys is a lot better than any original Netflix has put out in the last couple of years. I do miss the days when every TV show Netflix released was a hit, you had stuff like Narcos that was absolutely vital viewing.

Still a fantastic platform but I’d like to see a bit more inspiration from their originals.

1 Like

I thought Altered Carbon season 1 was incredible.

In any case, I’m watching season 3 of Ozark and it’s excellent. Only on episode 3 but very good.

Amazing that a show can sustain this level of quality and consistency for so long, good shit.

Increasingly regular though in this golden age of television.

2 Likes

Tell me why I should care. I’m not dissing, I know nothing about it.

One gripe I have with Ozark (while it was sensational) was how it resorted to the lazy drama fallback of introducing new characters with no real character development for the main protagonists

Do you mean season 3? Can you expand? I thought the entire family grew as characters this season.

Btw anyone watching Better Call Saul season 5? I still love it but it pains me not being able to blast through the whole season :slight_smile:

1 Like

Marty was stifled this season. Wendy was possibly exposed as more morally bankrupt than we may have thought in s1 and s2. Charlotte barely made a significant appearance. Jonah was the only one that, potentially, grew (and not just in height)

Ben was just a tool to test the patience of the cartel v the Byrdes (patience that has always been wearing thin and then not so thin)

Erin was used to humanise Helen (did she need humanising?)

Ruth is a broken, tortured soul. We knew that before. We know it more now.

Frank Jr- not sure what his purpose is, either, all-in-all.

The only storyline that, strangely, brought the main characters together, was that sickly one with Wyatt and Darlene.

1 Like

It’s not a great article or anything, but it was easy to find and will probably give you a sense of whether you might be into it.

Its got a rabid cult following, but imo is an often overlooked sitcom. When it’s good it’s very very good.

1 Like

Yeah I feel Ozark is fading with each season, felt kind of disconnected with season 3, barely kept my attention.

Better call Saul on the other hand is going just as strong.

2 Likes

I’m in.

tossed in a dramatic chase scene through a blanket and pillow fort. There were stop-motion Christmas specials and Dungeons & Dragons games and homages to the film My Dinner With Andre

3 Likes

Has a tv character ever said fuck more? I love her. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There was a point where I thought “if Ruth dies here, things could really get explosive” (this is when the Mexicans sabotage Frank’s men)

Alas, she didn’t.

Who was that guy with the ginger goatee who Helen met in the last episode? I know he was prominent in s2, but I forgot his purpose

About fifteen characters in The Sopranos

1 Like