What are you watching?

Yes. They can’t just end it like that ffs! :joy:

1 Like

New Netflix doc Don’t Fuck with Cats popped up last night. It’s not bad. Hadn’t ever heard of the case it covers before.

@JakeyBoy @SpankyJoyJoy

Succession was #1 and Fleabag was #2 if you were interested

2 Likes

@Calum it looks like @Stroller has been watching Sticks and Stones, too.

Brilliant drama. Still resonates with me today.

1 Like

Yeah watched last one today. Bit of a loose one on the kid.
Hated them scenes of a kid hurting like that.

1 Like

The Witcher came out this morning

It is fucking GOOD. Holy shit.

I thought the trailers looked awful and that it was going to be cringey as fuck but this is some grade a premium fantasy injected straight into my veins.

3 Likes

Yesssssss

All the crap on the guardian top50 TV an the dark crystal didn’t Eithen make it on the list.

Just started the witcher an carnt belive how good Henry cavill sounds an looks as geralt its like they took him out off the games.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s fucking sick! He’s so good. Can’t believe how fucking atrocious the trailers were compared to how good the show is.

1 Like

It’s one off these shows that hard to make trailers for an that they didn’t want to give to much away.

I don’t like the casting for Triss Merigold. She should be a stunning pale red head.

I’m watching this tonight.

You just made me google the actress, and now I’m mad. Why isnt she like in the game…god damn it.

I remember reading a reddit post about how all red heads in film or tv adaptions/remakes are being replaced…I guess that’s another one hahah

1 Like

I started watching it too…not bad i didnt realise it was over that luka magnotta twat. He is one evil motherfucker that went to murdering cats to murdering gay men on camera all for notoriety scum of the earth i remember the news on it was quite surprising to find that internet sleuths had a lot to do with him getting caught!

On episode 4 right now if The Witcher, and while I’m loving it I can’t understand why they didn’t choose better looking leads for Yen and Triss.

Now don’t get me wrong that sounds sexist as fuck, but the lady viewers get sexy ass Cavill as Geralt and we get stuck with these homely looking bitches.

Honestly I don’t even care about Triss- no one does, but surely someone at the studio could have phoned up Eva Green about Yen.

1 Like

I watched episode 1 of Witcher, found it very enjoyable. Halfway through second episode but going to try and get the missus involved before I binge the fuck out of the remainder.

Henry Cavill really nails Geralt, the deep voice and sarcastic, pithy dialogue. Looks and sounds the part completely. Couldn’t have imagined a more fitting bloke to play him.

I can’t remember if I’m making it up, but does he even do a classic Geralt sigh at one point?

@Castiel Agreed on the casting of the female leads. I’ve only seen Yen so far and not sure wtf is going on. The actress in real life is attractive so not sure why they made her look like the fucking hunchback of Notre Dame. Confused the shit out of me.

In the promo materials for the show, she looks normal so maybe she heals her back, face etc at a later point in the show.

1 Like

I think Yens kinda hot to be fair and plays her part fantastically, they massively fucked up with triss, shes an absolutely awful actress ontop of being nothing like the source.

2 Likes

I only played the games from the 2nd installment so I assume that its a fair origin story for Yen as I’ve never read the books. By ep 4 all that stuff is worked out but she’s still no Eva Green.

I was super unimpressed with Cavill’s appointment as Geralt, thought he was way too pretty to play the rough dog that is the white wolf.

But like you say he’s captured the role so well, not that it’s particularly challenging. He’s just strong, charming yet aloof -Superman much.

1 Like

Yeh the actress is pretty lovely looking when she’s unNotredammed, but she doesn’t really strike me as a Yennifer. Though like you say she’s putting her weird deformed back into the role so I could absolutely see her growing on me. Unlike Triss -though I’ve never been a Triss fanboy.

Honestly I’m not sure about any of the main cast so far but I’m still enjoying it.

i’m pretty sure them being ugly is a book thing.

re. Triss, she’s more minor in the books anyways.

I’m gonna watch this tomorrow.

Binged the entire season on a flight. Loved it, I wasn’t a fan of Yennifer at the beginning but she grew on me as it went on.

Very entertaining watch, I’ll look forward to season 2.