What are you watching?

Severance.

Good shit, never watched a concept like this for a tv show before, has you hooked the whole way.

3 Likes

Severance. I watched episode 6 yesterday, first appearance of Angelo Arteta (I know that surname, not very common tbh, besides Mikel I’ve seen it once or twice maybe) and then he tells his sons: “Declan, Kai let’s go”. :flushed:
Had to pause and watch that again, I thought I was going mental! the hell was that? was it already been mentioned here? Am I the only one or am I insane??

I love stuff like this.

About halfway through Beef on Netflix and really enjoying it so far. Can’t wait to see just how fucked up everyone’s life is by the final episode lol

1 Like

Now that Ted Lasso has finished I’ve started watching it. So I can binge it. Nearly finished season 2 - I started on Sunday night. I absolutely love it! Especially the country music references and the really bad/good puns.

1 Like

The little mini trailer hooked me into this. I don’t think I’d have just watched it myself, but I really enjoyed it. Nearly a stupid concept to build a whole series around but they really did a fantastic job.

1 Like

I can’t remember which season it peaked. I think every episode from season 3 to like 13 can be rewatched and you’ll notice and enjoy random bits you missed. Something that Charlie mumbles, Mac or Frank shouting nonsense in the background, Dennis being more and more of a psycho and Dee saying “god damn it” under her breath…so much to appreciate and enjoy. The Rickety Cricket episodes are just so silly as well, so fucking good.

The best sitcom / comedy show of all time bar NOTHING. @Pires got my back on this one.

3 Likes

The office us 9/10
I put off watching this for a long time just because i thought it be rubbish and wouldnt top the uk version. How wrong was i this version is miles better and probably one of the best comedy to come out of the states in a long time.

Twisted metal 6/10
Sony really hitting it out the park this year with their games to tv/movies
Binged watched this yesterday. Just switch ur brain off and enjoy this mad action comedy.

:ramsdale:

It’s actually has 16 seasons. :ramsdale: The last one just finished with the first airing (is that a word?) recently in murica…
I can’t remember the exact seasons now… It has it’s up’s and down’s… Definitely quite a few boring, shit, pointless episodes…

But the thing is, even in those weaker seasons, you go through that shit episode and think the show is dead, got weaker, and just after that you get an absolutely brilliant, hilarious, wild episode, so it’s worth going through it all. They definitely lose some consistency at some point, but as said, it still has some of the best episodes of the whole show in some later “weaker” seasons.

This one. An absolute mustwatch :+1: I’ll have to re-rewatch it soon.

As far as I can remember, they maybe started dipping around season 12 or 13 idk, so you still have plenty of room.

I was still not able to get hold of the last season, but I couldn’t help myself not to watch some YT videos and basically got through some whole episodes that way lol. Loved the season finale. :arteta:

Just sat watching some clips of Bottom on youtube.

Rick Mayall and Ed Edmondson are fucking brilliant :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Love Bottom! What episode were you watching?

Classic Baby. The greatest HBO show since The Wire.

Watching the Burnley Sky Sports documentary
Cant get enough of sports docs lately, and this has started quite well

Watched the Luton Town one at the weekend, thats a good story, some of the shit that club has been through is ridiculous

1 Like

Just watched the final two episodes. One of the television programmes I’ve enjoyed most in recent years. Great balance between dark comedy and moments of tension and drama.

Loved the approx 35 minute episodes too, really suited the show much better than near hour long episodes would have done.

2 Likes

Life on Mars…its 1973 it’s nearly dinner time and I’m avin’ hoops!

1 Like

Very good recommendation. Saw this advertised on Netflix so had it on my possible list, but will give this a go after your and @shamrockgooner endorsement…

If you like dark comedy, did you watch The White Lotus? Going to rewatch with some friends at the weekend. If you haven’t seen them, they are well worth checking out. Very, very good.

Finished Drive to Survive last night. Binged all 5 seasons in a month.

Will take an interest in formula 1 now I know all the drivers and team leads :joy:

1 Like

Good to have another F1 enthusiast on OA. I’ve been following F1 since the 1996 season and absolutely love it. The sport has issues, and the competition is pretty much non-existent atm with Verstappen dominating the whole field because he car is so superior. Even when Mercedes were on top, there was competition between the two Mercedes drivers and others like Verstappen were still challenging for wins. Do you have a favourite team yet?

Nah I just like watching it as fan in general. Not getting into that deep like football :joy:

1 Like

Give it time lol! You will become immersed in it. I always loved McLaren, but have followed Mercedes since Lewis signed for them, who I absolutely love. The 2021 season was probably one of the best seasons, but ended so awfully (IMO).

1 Like