What are you watching?

Tad Lesso.

It’s fluff.

Tackling life’s trials and tribulations in no more complex a way than Grange Hill, or Jossy’s Giants.

1 Like

Silo.

Snowpiercer, but this time in a vertical tube.

I’ll watch it until my bored-meter is filled.

Which is imminent.

Loreeeeeeeeeeeeen

Eurovision queen

Exactly as I predicted :partying_face:

So UK didn’t win this year? :man_shrugging:t3:

Sweden now out on their own with 8 wins. A sad day for Ireland.

They’re not. They’re tied with 7 wins.

Bit of a rubbish Eurovision really. Most of the acts were boring, and the favourite won. Was hoping for a bit of a surprise.

Ah I misread a tweet. :+1:

Israel participating in this seems odd. I get Israel being in the European category for football tournaments, cos they have to participate somewhere, and they can’t exactly participate against all their neighbours for a place at tournaments, for obvious reasons.

But this feels a little different, it’s not like every region has a singing competition and they have to join Eurovosion because Middle East-Vision isn’t safe for them.

1 Like

I mean why is Australia in it haha

Because many Ozzies love Eurovision (I guess as it gives them a glimpse into where many originally come from).

At one point in Eurovision history Morocco was also participating in Eurovision.

Anything that brings nations closer together is a good thing.

1 Like

Thays why I support the extension of NATO, love to see nations like Finland, and hopefully one day Ukraine, bring themselves closer to other member nations.

1 Like

You don’t have to be in Europe to take part in Eurovision. You just have to be a member of the European Broadcasting Union.

The “European” part of “European Broadcasting Union” means the same question still arises lol

Didn’t they have a rule once that the winner hosts the competition the following year? (Or have I dreamt this up?)

Just made it strange for that Scouse Cesspit to be hosting

That is still the rule. Ukraine won last year, but because of the Russian invasion they were unable to host this year. We hosted in their place because we came second last year.

Only usual exception is Australia. If they win, they have to nominate a country to host for them. Think I remember reading that they’d pick Germany.

1 Like

I support it too. Would love to see Ukraine join the EU and NATO :slight_smile:

Sweden didn’t get top points from the people of any nation. Finland won that by a landslide.

Sweden win because juries gave it stupidly high points. Probably because hosting Eurovision in Sweden next year commemorates the 50th anniversary of Abba.

As usual the people vote’s get shafted by a handful of “jurors” lol

Ah Mann, I love Ted Lasso, easy watching and funny.

It was clearly the best song/performance. It’s not hard to win it tbh, just need a professional song/performer to enter that’s clearly head and shoulders over the rest of the amateurs.