What are you watching?

Just finished watching Hit and Run. Nice show can’t wait for season 2

What’s making you struggle exactly?

This version of karate kid on ch4 right now has severely edited fight scenes.

I’m not having it

1 Like

Blood Brothers film about Malcolm X and Muhammad Ali friendship and split. Quite revealing and interesting throughout.
Well worth the watch if you have an interest in either or both.

2 Likes

They’re both cunts tbh

They both have flaws outside of perception that’s put on them.
They both make a significant difference though in a positive way for the promotion of black people IMO.

2 Likes

Also have to view them from the context of their times and age that they grew up in. Malcom X was clearly a racist up until he left the NOI and went on Haj and came back as an actual Muslim. However his racism was because of his upbringing and the laws which governed the country that he grew up in. He was matching the energy of the racists (not that I condone it) however the world was a different place back then. Same thing goes for Muhammed Ali.

I think a lot of times historical figures get judged and criticised unfairly by the standards that we have today and by the current political climate (not saying that you dislike them because of that @DavidHillier or referencing you mate but in general). You see it all the time, even when describing obscure figures through out history.

1 Like

Ali calling Joe Frazier a gorilla was just as bad then than it is now.

As I said, Ali was a cunt. He doesn’t transcend boxing, much as people would like to believe that he did.

1 Like

Fair enough

1 Like

Watching SAS: Rise of the Black Swan on Netflix. Terribly cartoonish action/espionage movie. All the weird British fixation with royalty and the customary American style violence and guns.

10 thumbs up :+1:

1 Like

Finished Justified. Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder is one of the most likeable bad guys ever.

Gonna start Invincible next, I heard it’s like The Boys?

After that, I’m going to delve into Vikings.

2 Likes

I’m binging the last 3 seasons of Justified before it leaves Prime (is it heading over to Disney+?).

Such a great show, I just love the relationship between Raylan and Boyd.

Also, a show about a US Marshal and hillbilly gangsters in Kentucky has absolutely no business being this well written with that much character development and yet somehow it is lol

3 Likes

3 great choices there. Invincible is awesome, it’s not strictly like The Boys but it does have some similar vibes. It’s a really great animation for adults, not to mention Walton Goggins is a VA in it along with a great cast.

Fun show.

1 Like

Is anyone watching Vigil?

1 Like

Yes. Reinforces my stance about never going on a submarine.

1 Like

Caught up now its excellent.

Its a proper pain how shows still do the prehistoric one show a week shit.

They should give you to the option to binge it on iPlayer if you so wish.

1 Like

Doesn’t bother me really but that’s probably a little bit because I’m ten years older than you and it was just the way it was for pretty much all my favourite shows right into my thirties.

The only problem is when you forget about an episode haha

1 Like

Meredith and I kept laughing every time someone reassured another character that the investigation would only take three days. It was so obvious that shit was going to go sideways. Big time fakeout from Jed to kill off Steve Arnott in the first ten minutes of episode one!

1 Like

New season of beat the chasers starting now :fire:

You love to see it. Much better than the normal chase

Two seconds off winning 55k against 5 chasers

Absolute gutter but fair play to her for going for it :clap::clap:

——————————————————

The beast absolutely fucked that :joy::joy:

Up until recently, I had never watched The Chase, but now I’m absolutely addicted. Only watched one episode of beat the chasers, but love the format of it. Great quiz show and very tense.