What are you watching?

In comparison perhaps S3 is a let down but as a standalone piece of television, still superb in my view.

4 Likes

I’ll let you know what I think of 3 and 4 in comparison to 1 and 2 and see if I agree

2 Likes

No one came back to me when I said I was watching Suburra.

Is anyone watching this or watched this?

It was fucking ace. Heart-breaking. Best thing I’ve seen since the Wire.

What’s this on?

You replying to me? Netflix. There’s 3 seasons. It’s the best thing I’ve seen in ages.

1 Like

I started it and really liked it. The issue is it’s subtitled which means I really have to pay attention. That means carving out time to watch solo since my wife doesn’t really enjoy subtitled crime shows. We tried watching some of the nordic noir stuff and she wasn’t having it. We ended up watching the BBC or iTV remakes.

3 Likes

Hunter x Hunter.

Great anime series that I’ve finally got around to watching. Only a few episodes in so far but it’s a wonderful form of feel good escapism (although I hear it gets darker). Transports me back to when I binged the shit out of Avatar which is one of the best things I’ve ever watched. Gon is such a loveable little chap. Got near on 150 episodes to get though. Can’t wait.

I looked this up on Netflix and it has already been added to my watch list. So clearly I was interested in it, will defo get round to it.

Someone recommended Tribes of Europa to me earlier, has anyone here seen it?

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLxELYmgP5x/?igshid=qrdba76e7mxn

This is just preposterous. I’m spending this morning having pretend breakfast with Mads and her dolls while cleaning up dog vomit. :mustafi:

Proud of him though.

Who killed Malcolm X. Binged the full 6 episodes today. Brilliant eye opening documentary on the rise and fall out of Malcolm X.

1 Like

Yeah I seen it as well, fucked up how some innocent guy did 25 years for his murder losing all his family in the process and the guy who did it just went along with his life only dying recently of natural causes.

It’s clear the NOI and possibly FBI wanted him gone, Malcom should of been America’s first black President. Can see that Obama was heavily influenced by his style and mannerisms.

1 Like

Yeah really striking the indifference how the NOI guys didn’t care about the 2 innocent guys who done time.
The Part were Malcolm X wife is questioned by the press after she comes out the hospital was harrowing. Woman in complete shock and the press just don’t let up.
Really well made series and decent balance too it.

1 Like

Yeah exactly, I was disappointed that the actual murderer died just before the end of the documentary would of liked the guy doing the documentary to have interviewed him in the least.

Malcom was so radical at the beginning of his political life that he made enemies for himself everywhere (FBI, Police, Media etc…), his leaving the nation and leaving behind his racist views and actually becoming someone who fights for everyone’s rights and unity is very inspiring. Shame that part of history gets overlooked.

But yeah top documentary.

2 Likes

Buzzzzzzing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Can never get my head around Compston is Scottish when I watch this.

1 Like

I love Kelly MacDonald!

He went to the same high school as me :joy:

2 Likes

David Tenant too. It makes me think Sean Connery never even really tried to do other accents.

2 Likes

Stfu. Are you serious?

@shamrockgooner is his accent convincing?

Who?

Tenant? Yes. Connery? No.