What are you watching?

I had never heard of her until I watched this series, but yeah she’s absolutely incredible. Not sure what its called “method acting”? Where the actor almost becomes the character (Deniro in Raging Bull) but she seemed to pull off the same feat. Will give that a watch cheers @Joshua :+1:t4:

It was so bad I kept referring to it as The Sharting at Bly Manor. Good cast, bad writing.

2 Likes

Yeah im 2 episodes in because the wife wants us too watch it.
I feared something like this because im bored already with it.

3 Likes

The black and white episode was the worst episode of anything I’ve ever seen in my life.

1 Like

Common theme here, my wife made me watch it as well because “everyone is going on about it”, she ended up hating it as well. :joy::rofl: @SpankyJoyJoy Don’t want to ruin it mate, but enjoy the first 4 episodes for what they are will go in a completely different direction after that.

2 Likes

I’ve started watching “Fargo” and finished season one. Good show.

7 Likes

So what you’re saying is conveniently time it for episode 5 and 6 to line up with a good football game I just have to “side” watch on the tablet…Good shout.

1 Like

:joy::rofl: :100:. It’s a bit slow until then but if the show had of ended there it would leave you wanting to know what happens, watching it after that will make you wish you never asked what happens :joy: avoid episodes 5 and 6 like herpes bro.

1 Like

You know it was a book, right?

I actually enjoyed this programme, but I have read the book, so maybe it’s better if you know what’s coming and the twist doesn’t just jump out at you.

2 Likes

Mate I’m actually just on episode 5 of this but I was losing my hope with it, too.

If they just stuck to the affair and friendship dynamic, (even though you’re somewhat limited as to what you can do with just 3 characters) it would have been more plausible.

I’m not gonna watch the last 2 episodes. Thanks for the heads up mate

1 Like

I’m jealous that I can’t experience Fargo for the first time again. It’s incredible TV. Lorne Malvo is one of the best TV bad guys ever.

2 Likes

No had no idea, they really should of changed it up for the TV adaptation IMO. That was to much, and in my opinion it goes beyond being a twist and feels like it was thrown in out of left to just tie everything up.

@DavidHillier yeah I agree mate, if it had of stayed that way or ended at that point it would of been a rather slow but in my opinion good show, that left you wondering are these guys psychos, are they murderers, are they crazy, is the husband the fucked up one? Is it the wife are they some type of Rosemary west and her husband type couple.

Instead we get some next corny AF dream/ghost/witch type thing, we’re they travel the world in their dreams and switch souls :joy: WTF

1 Like

But then you’d have had people complaining about it being changed. Plus, they need the author’s permission.

Also, this show has had quite a lot of good reviews. I’ve seen some describe the end as “preposterous”, but in the main it seems people liked the programme just the way it was.

Fair point, maybe the book gives you more of a background on the characters and the concept in the film so it doesn’t seem so out of left field, but the way they drop it in the series is just corny to me.

And each to their own I guess, but for me “preposterous” is the perfect word to describe it, was really enjoying up to that point.

Yep. I came from watching Goliath so seeing Billy Bob Thornton in a different light was incredible.

Amazing actor and the way he nailed the role of Malvo was immense.

One of the best and most engrossing first seasons of any show that I can remember seeing. I’ve got high hopes for season 2 and onwards.

2 Likes

I had no idea! I told Meredith and she was like “duh”

I think I got confused by the way it was marketed. I thought It was a straight horror and jump scares when it was actually a show really about love and emotion. If I had gone in knowing that I probably would have enjoyed it more.

2 Likes

Just to manage expectations, each series has a new setting and new characters, so there’ll be no more Billy Bob or Martin Freeman or continuation from there.

There’s still a lot of stylistic, thematic etc similarities, and each series is great, but just a warning in case you hadn’t realised.

3 Likes

Yep. I saw in advance that all the series are different so I’ve prepared myself for that. But after season one I’m looking forward to whatever is thrown at me in 2, 3 and I believe 4.

3 Likes

Season 1&2 are the all time high of tv shows and storytelling, with S2 being even slightly better than 1. S3 is a total letdown and I haven’t even watched 4 yet because it’s apparently worse than 3.

2 Likes

That’s the thing, it’s totally misleading.

I thought it was a series profiling a serial killer, proper psychological thriller stuff, if I had of known it was about witches and ghosts type paranormal whatever I wouldn’t of watched it. Don’t know about the book, but the actual series is misleading in that sense as well as you don’t really see any hocus pocus until the last two episodes.

Total waste of time with a rubbish ending which is winding me up even now :joy::rofl: