What are you watching?

Just finished watching through People Just do Nothing. Honestly think it is brilliant. Steves is the only decent person in the whole show but all the characters are brilliantly played.

1 Like

WORLDIE ON THE CHASE ALERT

1 Like

Eleanor was very pretty

1 Like

Aye she’s a beaut isn’t she

Just watched this. Thanks for the link Calum.

It sounds like that at least his work in boxing is being seemingly more than fair with the boxers. When you compare that to people like Don King, another murderer, who would look at every angle to screw boxers out of their money. Once Don King sat a fighter down and got him to sign a contract that had no writting on it. He took advantage of the lack of education of the boxers to screw them out of rightful pay. While being far from the only one, he was the most prolific

Also saying it could only happen in boxing is nonsense. Roman Abrahmovic and Sheikh Mansour are murderer’s and profiteered from slavery in the latter’s case.

3 Likes

That actor, Omar Sy (?) is fantastic. He was in a real schmaltzy movie called The Untouchables maybe?

EDIT: I forgot to include what I was watching. Meredith and I are on the new season of Search Party which is absolutely fantastic. So many thoroughly unlikable characters! The third season has a lot of courtroom drama which is really funny. It’s a dark comedy that was produced by the same guy who did Wet Hot American Summer so it’s got some real screwball aspects to the writing which I love.

1 Like
1 Like

It seems like he’s making himself too much of a target and that will ultimately be his downfall.

You almost expect Ireland to change it’s laws and sentencing to bring him and his associates down.

1 Like

We already did. There is a special criminal court, no jury, to deal specifically with organised crime.

1 Like

Interesting, have they changed the standard of evidence and dished out higher sentences for some of these crimes?

They arguably killed organised crime in the US by dishing out 100 year sentences and cutting deals for informing. Not that I’m not entirely behind the ethics of the US Justice system.

1 Like

I don’t think they went that far but it’s one of those things that pops up from time to time for consideration.

1 Like

@MO_OA49

You’re right.

Would I lie to you? is bloody fantastic. Makes me laugh out loud at least once an episode (more than any modern day sitcom does)

2 Likes

@BigWeng_4LYFE

God damn it, I liked her character as well

2 Likes

Fucking madness.

She was awesome

They had been trying to fire for a long time now. I still don’t see whats wrong with her tweet. Anyone with half a brain would know the nazi’s didn’t just wake one day and started rounding up the Jews. Sustained propaganda, dehumanization and othering of them over a period of time made easy when the time came. Same with slavery the propaganda, othering and dehumanization made easy for people to accept. She is looking at it in her opinion of the way conservatives are treated in which in her eyes the parallels are there ( racist, bigots, homophobes, etc you could go on)

1 Like

149008962_10158460474296773_7571184575940741357_n

3 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

OK, long story so bear with me…
Just been watching the Freddie Mercury tribute gig, and the song “Somebody to Love” has to be the most awesome live performance, and BEST cover version ever…
I adore George Michael, he was my favourite artist during my twenties and thirties, and he was the artist that me and my wife learnt to love each other with…As we met and got together, every song he released seemed to be part of us…
Just before we got together, I was young free and single, and as it happened used to look a little bit like George in his Wham days…
I was a sales rep at the time, and went to a sales call at the offices of a music producer in London, who noticed that I looked liked George, and he offered me a job as a George lookalike for the upcoming Wham the final gig due to be held at Wembley.
Obviously, I jumped at this opportunity, was handsomely paid for 2 nights work, got to meet MANY young ladies, and most importantly actually met George himself on the last night of the Wembley gig.
He was a true gentleman, a wonderful guy, very humble, pleasant and a genuinely lovely fella…
Sorry to ramble on, but just wanted to say, watch George doing “Somebody to Love”…you will not be disappointed…

5 Likes

Bridgerton…

Described as a mix between Downton Abbey and Gossip Girl, so of course I had to watch…

I was so disappointed

Has anyone here watched it?

We should all be compensated! I need a new Pacey and Joey, this is clearly not it

4 Likes