What are you watching?

Well done @JakeyBoy

1 Like

Country Music is awful hillbilly music lol. Fat nonces in cowboy hats

2 Likes

That just shows your ignorance Calum. Nothing I listen to is remotely like that.

3 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Yeah phebs is right, that’s just stereotyping,

1 Like

If you don’t like country music you aren’t listening to the right type of artists, I like most genres all the way from jazz to punk rock. I’ve never really understood this I hate x type of genre mentality, about anything really, films, novels or music.

Just speaks of a lack of imagination tbh, country music is fantastic- Brad Paisley’s rendition of You’ll never leave Harlan alive is one of my absolute favourites- Justified fans will know it. There are loads of modern country music musicians that are just great to listen to.

7 Likes

Islands in the Stream is God-tier music.

3 Likes

In @Phoebica ‘s defense I think most country music these days is far closer to pop or even rock music.

Source: I married a woman from southern Georgia who loves county music.

1 Like

Is she a Florida Georgia Line fan?

Yeah he is one of my favourites too. Granted he often wears a cowboy hat, but he isn’t a “fat nonce” and his music isn’t hillbilly.

Saw him live in 2019 at the O2 and he was fantastic. He is a brilliant guitar player too.

1 Like

:ozil: nice one

Not especially. I think that’s too much bro-country for her liking. She’s not really into songs about dudes with trucks shotgunning beers and doing dip before they go out to the country to mud in their ATVs.

If she was there’s no way she would have married me. :bellend:

1 Like

Don’t give up my dude, you can still be that man, there’s still time.

I do agree with you ultimately, you can’t dismiss a single genre entirely. It really isn’t my thing, but I wouldn’t sincerely dismiss the entire genre as shit. I just like sharing the odd meme for the lols and I won’t pretend that fat nonces in cowboy hats didn’t make me laugh :grin:

2 Likes

I’m good. I’ve carved out a nice life embracing my coastal lefty elitism. No reason to stop now. :wright:

You. Watched the first series. Pleasantly surprised if not taken too seriously. Joe was quite a likeable psycho.

1 Like

Great show mate. I watched during the peak lockdown in April haha. Second season is just as good

2 Likes

Watching Our Perfect Planet in UHD is some fucking experience.

Davd Attenborough is the :sheep:

1 Like

Dredd on Netflix- must have seen this movie about 15 times but I fucking love it. Such a nod to classic sci fi action films of old. Karl Urban is just fantastic in it too.

I heard him say a while back there were discussions about a Dredd TV show but I suppose if that materialised we wouldn’t have him in The Boys. Though I do hope it happens some day.

2 Likes

It’s a nice film, that. Borrows from The Raid quite a lot.

1 Like

@JakeyBoy first time I’ve seen the chase in a while looks like new episodes as they have social distancing and glass panels between the contestants.

Not sure if the 4th player has been axed as I didn’t watch from the start :joy:

They won 75k btw! What an episode to watch for the first time in a while haha

3 Likes