What are you watching?

I literally started re-watching it with my Dad because it’s his type of show but it was a bit of a struggle getting through the first half of the season because they are incredibly monster of the week based episodes. He was like yeh it’s great and all but where are the larger story arcs you keep going on about.

Well luckily you don’t have to wait to long right about the midway point the dynamic completely changes and it focuses on what it wants to as a show. The early stuff isn’t a complete waste of time but you can tell the show wants to be about 6-8 episodes long in the first season but they had to bulk it out to fill tv slots.

You’ll start to notice Boyd and Rayland find more screen time together soon and then everything will come together very quickly. The larger narrative is fantastic and Goggin’s begins to steal every scene he’s in- more than that though his chemistry with Olyphant is exceptional, you’d genuinely believe these worked the coal mines together.

Let me know what you think about it as you watch it, I’ll not mention any spoilers.

1 Like

Des
What a fascinating documentary drama
BRILLIANT

The complain brigade strike again.

What were they expecting? Rainbows and teddy bears?!

I really enjoyed it, if enjoyed in the right word there. It’s very well acted. The last two things I’ve watched David Tennent in he has played a pedophile and a serial killer. Brave of him taking on such roles.

1 Like

Is it worth a watch?

Seeing as it’s only 3 eps doesn’t seem that big of a commitment

Christ. Chain smoking one of the complaints. :rofl:

I liked it! Not sure where the complaints come from though as there’s no gore involved in any of the episodes. It’s like a precursor drama to a potential rabbit hole, if you’re curious enough, to pursue more of the grisly details. The guy was nuts.

2 Likes

I was invited to a job interview at Ofcom a few years ago but had already accepted a job elsewhere by that point. Working in their customer service/complaints handling team would have surely been a fucking laugh, at least until you get jaded and start hating the people writing to you, but that’ll happen anywhere in a customer service role.

1 Like

The Real Des
Brings the really horror of Neilson atrocities into larger perspective than the drama.
Interview with the families and impact on their lives really cuts deep.

2 Likes

Been watching the mini-series Fargo for the past few days. Fucking excellent story, excellent writing and top notch actors.

5 Likes

I assume the first series, the one with Billy Bob Thornton?

1 Like

Will be watching this. Sir David is the :goat:

3 Likes

One of the few people on the planet you bloody listen too when he speaks.

5 Likes

Can’t believe he’s 93. He looks so well. What a man

4 Likes

Brought match of the day to the airwaves as well as showing us the wonders of the Animal kingdom.
Genius and class are his trademark.

4 Likes

Read the article. The bigger issue here is that seven people complaining becomes a story. How low will this go? If one person complains, does that also become a story? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Its what annoys me so much about news media in the Internet era, the proliferation of stories like this. Only seven fucking people complained, out of millions who watched it, but often people miss that fact and then see a story like this and think that there were legions of offended people trying to cancel whatever show, song or opinion the article was about. There’ll now be more than more than a hundred times as many complaining about people complaining this show than there were people who complained about the show.

All this culture war stuff is hugely exacerbated by mainstream media amplifying the voices of a handful of people who formally complain to orgs like Ofcom or are just vocal on twitter, giving the impression that their opinions are far more widespread and significant than they are. I think these people with wild views have always existed on the fringes but there never used to be social media for us to hear the opinions of randomers all over the globe, and the media didn’t tend to make a big deal out of the opinions of a handful of random cunts.

2 Likes

Superb show. You’ll thoroughly enjoy. Going to rewatch it very soon

2 Likes

24/7 Murder on Iplayer, bascially a real documentry of police muder investigations in a ‘24 hour’ format. Watched the first one, 2 1/2 hours long. Feel bad for everyone involved tbh. Really in depth and shows how many man hours and technology goes into investigations. But also how ‘guilty beyond reasonable doubt’, is tenuous as fuck. I can see loads of innocent people going down under tenuous evidence.

Rambo: First Blood

2 Likes

Anyone watched Criminal on Netflix? I’m on the second series which has just been added.

2 Likes