What are you watching?

I’m amazed they put as much as that into this tripe :grin:

I suppose hanks doesn’t come cheap

I’ve just finished season 1 of the Crown. It’s very good.

Anyone else seen it all the way through? Is it good through to season 3?

@Leper have you seen it? My history on Elizabeth is bollocks, how’s yours? Accurate?

I’m watching my fish swim around, really relaxing

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

What kind of fish you got there?

just some basic cold water fish

1 Like

Oh Cod, what a question!

1 Like

Yep, I’m up to date. I’m one of those people who Googles everything. “Did that really happen?” I have a history degree so it’s in me to question things that I don’t remember reading about. And I am usually right. There are quite a few things that have been exaggerated for TV. I still enjoyed watching it though, the basics are correct and I found it interesting.

1 Like

The Royal family, it won’t surprise you to know, has never been my favourite topic but what I know says that theyve got it essentially right. I like the depiction of her relationship with Churchill, Eden and Macmillan which is pretty much on the money by all accounts. They did they stuff with her uncle and his ties to the Nazis well too.

Thanks both. Season one struck me as though it felt accurate. I was saying to my wife earlier that I suspect it’s more what they leave out rather than what’s in, in terms of accuracy. I thought the Churchill friendship part was great and his relationship to the artist Sutherland too. OK good, I’ll crack on with it.

Yeah, definitely crack on. Like I said, the basics are correct. I’m more into older history anyway – like the Tudors. But I’m still fascinated by anything royalty.

I just finished Monk, The Bletchley Circle: San Francisco and Snowpiercer. Snowpiercer has had their second season interrupted by Covid and not sure about Bletchley, but would love a second series.

Really loved Bletchley, but I also love historical films around the WWs, especially WWII when they look at the role women played. Any film/show around code breaking also grabs my attention.

Boo! I hate the Tudors.

Wolf Hall is good. When on earth is season 2 coming out for that?!

I really liked the film, I gave the first episode a try but I found the main actor could not act at all, I assume it gets better then?

I haven’t seen the film. But I really enjoyed the series. Maybe I’d see the same thing if I had seen the film first. I like Jennifer Connolly, so it was an easy watch.

1 Like

House of Saud.
Three one hour episodes on this country and its despot ruling Royal family. Influencing every major government with backhanders to violate every situation it sees fit.
Take any of these so called reforms with a pinch of salt. Good series and well worth the watch.

2 Likes

I watched the new three part series on Ruper Murdoch yesterday, safe to say it’s absolutely mad how much influence he has had over British politics since the 1980s.

I can’t see how regulation was so weak to allow one man to have control of multiple newspapers and TV services.

3 Likes

Finished the 6th series of The Line of Duty finally. Really good as usual and sets up for the final? series nicely.

2 Likes

I miss Scifi that isn’t all doom and gloom. I love Stargate SG-1, Eureka, 4400, Farscape, ect . . . 90s and 00s. They had some humour to them. Anything like that out there now? I haven’t seen much.

I did recently finish season 2 of Orville, but again Covid delaying season 3. And I have one episode left of Avenue 5, which is okay.

2 Likes

Im a fan but the ending and solving with the tapping finger thing let an otherwise good series down I thought.