What are you listening to right now?

@Joshua looks like you need to sort out some points on the dollar type deal now that you’re promoting for your brother and bringing revenue for him haha

2 Likes

@Cristo you’re a Londoner. Venture north. Come with me to this gig. It’s not until January.

2 Likes

What’s your take on these guys? I don’t quite understand why the music nerds are hating on them for being a Zeppelin respawn. Everything is derivative! I really liked their first EP.

1 Like

I’ve only heard the one song by them :arteta:. I like their sound. You can tell they’re heavily influenced by the Zep

2 Likes

Yeah but it’s in a good way. Not straight copy. Bit like Oasis and the Beatles. Take the influence and develop your own sound.
Seen them live and they are excellent.

2 Likes

I love his stuff. Retro sound, saxophone, moody lyrics. Sign. :clap:t3: Me. :clap:t3: Up. :clap:t3:

2 Likes

Yeah that is really good. I’m digging the melancholic 80s vibe

2 Likes

Something about that 80s guitar pedal just makes me sad and I love it. :ozil:

1 Like

@Cristo another retro 80s sound, makes you feel happy and sad at the same time

He kinda sounds like Don Henley to me.

3 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

Porcupine Tree are one of my favourite bands.
I think their best album is In Absentia.
I saw Steven Wilson a few years ago and it was one go the best gigs I’ve been to.
If you haven’t heard it already, have a listen to Hand Cannot Erase by him, it’s an amazing album.

1 Like

Yeah, top album indeed. Think having Guthrie Govan play in the album does take the album up a notch too. Love Steve Wilson’s solo projects, especially Grace for drowning and The raven that refused to sing along with the Hand cannot erase album. Very rarely do artists maintain the quality of their music in their solo projects after their band breaks up. S. Wilson has definitely kept it flowing.

1 Like

It’s funny because Guthrie Govan used to play in a club in Chelmsford with some musician friends of mine and now he’s one of the most sought over guitarists in the business.
The videos on You Tube for Routine, Perfect Life and The Raven That Refused To Sing are amazing.

1 Like