What are you listening to right now?

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

I am listening to the fine R&B album Private Space by Durand Jones and the Indications.

(This is an ad. My brother is in the band.)

Do you get any of his royalties? The amount of advertising you do for him :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t but what else is an older brother for? Gotta be his hypeman.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Journey

2 Likes

I’ve just been watching the Roger Waters Us And Them Live video and it’s as good as Pink Floyd.
It’s got Dave Kilminster on guitar, who also played with Steven Wilson and who also used to play with Guthrie Govan in the same Chelmsford club I mentioned before.

Personally, don’t like Roger Waters much due to how he dismissed Richard Wright from the band during the recordings of The Wall and his subsequent greed for power during The Final Cut album. Lyrically, he was spectacular. The lyrics on DSOTM is supreme quality, to say the least. But musically, he was far behind Gilmour and Wright imo. It was the assembly of their parts that made this band enormous, and somehow Waters lost it.
I did see him live in Amsterdam in 2018 when I went there to see my brother. It was good, but mostly because he was singing the tunes made by Gilmour and Wright, along with his beatiful lyrics. His solo work songs weren’t bad either, but you compare them to Gilmour and Wright’s solo work, and they pale in comparison.
And then I contrast that show with Gilmour’s show in Gdansk, when I travelled to see him there, it was spectacular.
In a nutshell, I dislike Waters for how he broke the band lol. And in honesty, Wright and Gilmour were the better musicians while Waters was the better lyricist.

1 Like

I agree that the way he treated Wright was poor, especially as they were both original members of the band from the start.

I’ve read quite a lot about how Waters and Wright never got on, even on the early albums, and that Waters would treat him like a session musician.

In reality it was his keyboard and piano playing and writing on Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here were what that made those albums so great.

As for Gilmour, his solo albums are better than Waters and his song writing on Division Bell, after Waters had left Pink Floyd, was underrated.
But as a guitarist, his playing is about as good as it gets.
The solo in Comfortably Numb is voted as the best in almost every guitar magazine.

But I thought Waters song arranging and interpretation of the songs on the Us And Them video were excellent although, like you say, the way he treats other people isn’t great.

1 Like

One of the most underrated Megadeth songs

1 Like