Relegation three pointer :laughing:

1 Like

Injured already. :eyes:

Guy is always getting Ingsjured

5 Likes

Legend has it @Stroller put money on all 3 :wink:

2 Likes
1 Like

Tim Stillman had a shot at Leicester for releasing a video of their players being asked which woman inspired them and they all said ā€œmomā€ or ā€œwifeā€

Itā€™s a little sad that only one person can think of a woman who inspired them who isnā€™t their mom or wife.

Nothing sad about that at all. Very logical to see your mother as a female inspiration. I know I do.

7 Likes

Everyone who said mum getting slaughtered by the wife.
Everyone who said Wife having an awkward silence on the next visit to mum.

1 Like

That wasnā€™t really his point though. It was more the content of the video - every single person in the video saying ā€œmy mum, because she helped meā€ is boring. And also, women are more than just domestic figures. Wouldnā€™t have hurt them to think outside the box a bit, or if they had to say wife or mum then to perhaps give them a name.

1 Like

There is not a woman on this earth Iā€™d consider a bigger source of inspiration to me than my mother.

7 Likes

Pfftā€¦Women are not inspirational

If thatā€™s his point I still disagree and donā€™t think itā€™s ā€˜little sadā€™ as @Joshua says.

If anything this message suggests to me how important they believe mothers are. Boring is an unjust claim. Everyone has a story. Just using myself as an example my mother suffered and went through hardship to raise me. He might believe thatā€™s reducing them to domestic figures (Ridiculous claim). Iā€™d say thatā€™s showing gratitude.

There is no doubt in my mind of my answer if I was asked this question. No need to think outside of any box if you are that sure.

For the record a quick look at the Leicester video shows some of them do mention a name. Not sure where thatā€™s come from.

4 Likes

But thatā€™s what Motherā€™s Day is for.

Maybe itā€™s an issue with the prompt from their social media department.

I do think that the answers, even if theyā€™re genuine and heartfelt, all reduce women to domestic figures. Yes, everyone has their story and Iā€™m not saying you shouldnā€™t be inspired by your mother but maybe they could have found at least more than one guy who could name a woman other than their mom.

As a woman, I wouldnā€™t personally want to be labelled so simply. If someone wanted to use me as an inspiration, Iā€™d want it to be many reasons and other things Iā€™d achieved. Because ā€œshe helped ME achieve my goalsā€ doesnā€™t really cut it for me. Even the guy who said his partner said it was ā€œbecause she is a good motherā€. Do these women not have names or anything else about them?!

Running around with a shirt which simply says ā€œwifeā€ on the back is just insulting really.

But hey, what do I know? as Iā€™ve discovered with things that concern women, men know best.

2 Likes

Oh piss off with that. Come on.

Short videos are terrible for elaborate answers, you get what you ask for with this kind of content.

Find who? They asked the players a question and got an answer. You got what you asked for.

1 Like

Iā€™m being serious! Itā€™s not a joke answer. If these guys canā€™t think of a single woman who inspires them beyond their mom or their partner, maybe we need to rethink things a bit.

Again, not saying they shouldnā€™t be inspired by their mom or partner. Maybe the social media team should have given a better prompt.

But in your own life the most important for most would be those choices.
These are the ones you share you life with. Their the most likely to have made an impact. Where is the issue here.

3 Likes

Iā€™m losing brain cells reading some of the takes in here

7 Likes

Rethink what? Iā€™m telling you as honest and straightforward as I can be if I was asked this question there is no doubt in my mind I would say my mother. It is absolutely logical.

4 Likes

Thought Moyes was was sacked with 14 new replies.

Turns out its not. as we were