Wenger or Emery?

My thinking with Wenger as interim is based around the fact we aren’t going to be able to hire the permanent manager that we want whether that be a Nagelsmann or a Ten Hag. It’s completely unrealistic though.

Freddie Ljungberg as interim creates more of dilemma as if he does well then it could create a Solskjaer type situation. And why wouldn’t you reward Freddie? ’

Allegri.

Now that we’ve all finished laughing… our options are shite.

Would Tetkers even listen to Raul & Co given the way he was treated last time around?

1 Like

Tbf just cause Solskjaer is shit doesn’t mean Freddie necessarily is. There’s no real connection. Just as Emery being shite doesn’t mean we should necessarily be opposed to hiring an experienced manager like he was.

What you don’t want to do is give the manager and extension as United did too early with Solskjaer. Because by the end of the season it was clear Solskjaer was kinda shit and had just enjoyed the new manager bump that whoever comes after Emery is guaranteed to enjoy too.

2 Likes

Your right it would create a problem if he does well but it would only be well if he got us into top four and that would be the target. If he did It convincingly then I would give him a two year contract.

Assistants have filled in before with the knowledge that they aren’t getting the job.

I doubt at this stage in his career Freddie is expecting to be made the permanent Arsenal manager, and if he does want to be a manager then it’ll give him a ridiculous level of exposure to get a job elsewhere if he does well for 4 or 5 months.

3 Likes

I don’t think Arsene is petty like the fans tbh, he honestly has nothing to prove at this point. The man is a legend and has already been at the pinnacle of the game. I’m sure he harbors no ill will towards anyone, hes a true gentleman.

1 Like

Wouldn’t want Wenger, not because of how things ended with him, or because I don’t want to tarnish his legacy anymore than it already is but because ideally, we should be looking to get our next manager in place right now, and give him time to understand the players, the club etc and impose his ideas. That way, next season is not a fresh start for him and the players as they would have had 6 months together.

However, if we aren’t gonna get our next manager right now, and need someone in the interim, I would much rather give the job to Freddie. Wenger will do better than Emery but we all know the story with him. Would much rather try something fresh.

1 Like

I love Arsene but feel a come back would just further smother the musty, breathy, dark, condensation filled room that really needs an airing.

2 Likes

The only positive thing to be gained from looking at the past is to learn from it or perhaps to rekindle fond memories of better times.

Apart from that the club and the fans all need to focus on fixing the present for a better future. Wenger is the past and that’s where he needs to stay.

1 Like

Think Wenger would give them just enough to flourish as a team. His man management skills are legendary and think this team could do with his advice. Imagine us playing Wengerball with that front 3 Laca Auba Pepe and Ozil in behind. Jeez would love to see that !!

3 Likes

We had that in his last season apart from Pèpè and it was nothing special tho?

2 Likes

He only had Aubameyang for 13 games in his defence ( Lacazette also injured for a fair period of it) , in a period where unrest was massive at that point, Wenger obviously isn’t the answer but he’d have this current team playing far superior football compared to Emery.

3 Likes

He’d have blocked half our transfers and kept Elneny lol

2 Likes

This. So much this.

1 Like

orb

If the only option is Wenger then I am very much Emery in

Orbinho should stick to posting stats

6 Likes

Me too

Cut your nose to spite your face lol

…and trivia.