We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

7th. Our away form is still fucking horrendous for the third season running. Leicester are a better team and will break the top 6

Damn some of are a little OTT, Chelsea and Utd are on the same points. And they had some clangers themselves. Let’s stop acting like they are prime Utd and Chelsea here. Utd lost at home to Palace, Spurs lost to Newcastle, Chelsea drew with Sheff Utd at home and we had a clanger with Watford. I’m confident we won’t be finishing 6th or 7th, at worse maybe 5th lol.

They have such worse teams on paper as well. God, we have a much more talented team, but are being made to look like a lot less than the sum of our parts.

I hate how Emery has me sounding like a deluded fuck now as well.

1 Like

We will finish in the top four?

Depend if

• Chelsea collapse because of the lack of rotation
• United don’t sign strong players in January

1 Like

Looks like we’ve got no chance after the way we played in the second half on Sunday. That was a get your manager the sack performance.

1 Like

If Arsenal could hit 70+ points, which is still possible, they’ve managed to hit the needed limit for top four. That wouldn’t be making through the faults of others.

I actually think Chelsea will finish above us now. Unless we sort it out ASAP. On paper we have better players. But that means sod all if they’re playing like chumps! Plus, Lamps is getting the best out of his guys and they look happy.

Aubameyang is obviously better than Abraham, but which one has so far scored more goals this season? Pépé is better than Mount, but who looks the more competent player?

It’s been said already, but it seems pretty clear what Lampard wants, whereas feck knows what’s in Emery’s head!

Chelsea v Liverpool next weekend will be interesting. I can actually see this being the first game Liverpool drop points in.

2 Likes

Yeah they’ve also got Cheek and Hudson to comeback and an outside chance of the transfer ban lifting in January.
Their under the least pressure of the chasers and agree they could take points off Liverpool this week.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I think Liverpool will win at Stamford Bridge and might even win comfortably.

Yeah me too, I can see Chelsea winning this one.

But I don’t think Abraham will score more than 15-16 goals this season, and he already has half of that. Will be interesting to see where Chelsea will find the goals later in the season. Giroud and Batshuayi will have to step it up.

The only thing that is certain is that without Aubameyang we aren’t going to get a top four place.

Let’s hope he doesn’t get injured or lose form.

1 Like

I honestly dont think we will as of right now. Chelsea will fade with the lack of investment and heavy schedule, but I just can’t trust us to win a game that matters.

2 Likes

We will finish Top4. I think we will be 3rd.

At the minute it doesn’t look like it but Emery might, just might turn it around.

Personally think our best chance of top 4 is Emery gets binned pretty early in the season and whoever takes over goes on that fairytale run that can often happen when interm managers takeover.

2 Likes

Nice to be top 4, but we really should have beaten the scum and watford. We’ve been out managed almost every game this season, and if not for individual performances we’d not be where we are. Where we are is still quite shit, 4th with a plus 1 goal difference tied with West Ham ffs. We should be on 15 points in 2nd place above City.

1 Like

Sounds like a shit 80’s cop show set in Chicago.

4 Likes

We are on pace for 71 points @Aussiegooner

That enough to get it done? This year, probably.

1 Like

Basically Liverpool aside, it is a 2015-16 season.

1 Like

71 points will get it done this year, I think even high 60s might get it done. Spurs and United are currently in disarray.

I really want to get top 4, but the board and ownership must still have the foresight to sack Emery if we get it playing the way we’re now, otherwise getting top 4 is useless.

8 Likes