We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

Lmaooooo 50 something goals and a plus 11 GD yikes rippppppp :skull::skull::skull:

2 Likes

Hmmm check the reactions to Emery doing similar in 18/19 whilst managing an EL campaign including a final, alot of people on here wanted him sacked immediately.

Is the squad in 18/19 better than Arteta’s in 21/22? Emery’s side had a better defensive and offensive record in the league.

2 Likes

From early December to April, when we could consistently call on the first eleven, we were genuinely very good.

Better stuff in that period than we played under Emery at any point or the last few years under Wenger.

Emery did it with smoke and mirrors, our underlying XG numbers were horrific.

So happy for you on winning the early december to april when completely healthy and no adversity cup,

download.jpeg-2

2 Likes

It’s simply a good sign for the future. We have a team that actually has a clue tactically and therefore potentially a legitimately high ceiling if a bunch of things go right. That hasn’t been the case in about 15 years.

Annoying cunt

download.jpeg-2

Lmaooooo :joy::joy::joy::skull::skull::skull:

Honestly though, when was the last time you posted a serious post on here? You come on almost everyday and literally just troll and annoy everyone lol. What a sad life you must lead man. I almost feel sorry for you.

5 Likes

Its an really enjoyable past time in between trips to mexico trying to find where my wife is hiding with my kids.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if your wife and kids did run off legit, couldn’t imagine living with you

Plus i have a smol pp, life is hard.

Again, doesn’t surprise me

Honestly you need help. Not with finding your fictional kids in Mexico, but with whatever is driving you to be like this.

4 Likes

Where we are as a squad now is 1000 times better than where we were when Emery was sacked. Had Emery continued, we wouldn’t have finished 8th, we would have been like 15th. Players no longer bought into his message/ideas and no longer cared.

Emery had a lucky spell where we won games where opposition should have battered us.

1 Like

January not so much, tbf. Cant help but point it out, having had to sit through it.

3 Likes

Monday can’t come quick enough, need us to shake this bollocks game off and take 3 points.

Need koscielny back for these last two

1 Like

True enough. I think it is honestly the same broader story - when we can play with the 11-12 players that Arteta genuinely likes and has chosen to fit his system, we have been genuinely very good. Once we need to rely on other players, things break down quickly. It happened in January, it happened after the international break this spring, and in a slightly different way (we didn’t actually have 11 good players at that point, but we had a nominal first eleven) it also happened after the spring international break last year when we also went through an injury crisis.

Obviously that’s not a good pattern and not a formula for sustained success. But it at least raises the possibility that we might become pretty good once we have 16-17 players that Arteta genuinely likes and that fit his system. I’ll be devastated if we finish 5th but I’ll still be excited to find out.

1 Like

January was down to our midfield being shot to pieces. Remember partey running back from the airport to show us the nice new red card his mum had gotten him for his performances in the afcon.

Not really wanting to wade into is Arteta better than Emery territory - but I think it is absolutely fair to point out that almost every manager in the top 6-8 has a good period in the season where things are going well… the season is 38 games plus cups and European competition (hopefully). When I compare us to WHU this year, it is absolutely reasonable to me to say they had a comparable or better season even if we beat them on points - the big differentiator is 4th atm.

They have a +11 GD, same as us. They are 11 points behind, which tbf is a lot. However, they also progressed further in the FA Cup and made it to the Europa League semi-final. They played good football and with a squad that is pretty meh and played 11 more games than we did so far (we played 43, they 54)… that amounts to a whole match every month more than us, EVERY month of the season (and one more to boot).

Spurs same argument, especially since they changed manager mid-season. If you just consider the points since Conte took over (around Nov 4), they pip us by 1 point with a GD of 30 to our 12. Oh and while playing a full 9 more games than us over the season so far.

3 Likes