Watford Vs Arsenal (PL)

This is where we turn this shit away form around.

Back to back wins here and in Naples. I believe!

2 Likes

It does have factual basis. We make 60m more, therefore we have 60m more in funds revenue and perhaps 60m more to spend.

Itā€™s been rumoured in the past that we havenā€™t spent until CL qualification through the prelims has been achieved.

To quote a certain Dutchie, Iā€™m kinda nervous about this one now. Such massive pressure to go get a result, especially with Chelsea losing. We need to win in matches like this. Iā€™ve had a crap weekend of results in the sporting world, so donā€™t let me down tomorrow Arsenal :bellerin:

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t be gutted with a point. Two massive away games this week is a tall order. If we can walk away in touching distance of 4th, as well as getting through to the Europa semiā€™s weā€™re still in with a good shout of our targets this season.

1 Like

*Worried.

4 Likes

Perhaps makes the point though. We bum up the argument we will have more to spend when the reality is we never really do.

1 Like

COYG.

I think this is probably nearer the truth.
We have heard the lies from Wenger and Gazidis about the 200m mythical war chest and how moving to the Emirates was great because we can compete with all the top clubs in Europe but the reality is, we will only spend the same as clubs like spurs and Wolves, even if we do qualify for the CL.

I think we could beat Watford, because a win is necessary just to keep in touch with our rivals.

In our last four games, we have three away from home, so unless we start turning our away form around, we arenā€™t going to get a top four place, so what better place to start is against Watford who are hopefully more concerned with the FA Cup final.

Iā€™m going 3-2 Aubameyang, Ramsey and Mkhitayran to score.

1 Like

We have though, think 2014 summer when we splashed the cash and the summer of 2016. We spent more net in those windows than the last 2 even though TV money is now greater.

TREAT THIS AS A CUP FINAL.

With the chavs losing yesterday we can now definitely get top4.

Donā€™t screw it up :xhaka:

1 Like

Wont lie. Iā€™m crapping myself about tonight.

3 Likes

Thursdays bigger for me. Just have never been able to get behind top 4 as a trophy. Obviously hope for the win but europa a real cup.
Im a 5th place and a cup bloke. Always have and always will tbh. Not just an age thing as most of my mates are the other side of the debate.

2 Likes

So youā€™d prefer 5th place and winning the FA Cup to finishing 4th and qualifying for the CL? :slight_smile:

Yep. The Emirates years in the CL have burnt me. Been an absolute disaster in that competition.

3 Likes

I think winning the Europa League and finishing fifth is ok but winning the FA Cup and not getting a CL place is not as good.
For me, watching spurs in the CL and us in the Europa League, after all the seasons of the opposite happening, is unacceptable.

1 Like

Thereā€™s your problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last 7 first round failings takes the edge off that for me. When we invest and get a team capable of competing id be happy to get back in.
If were failing in the europa then nah I can live without it.

Would love a STATEMENT win and performance. Something like a 3-0 or something.

COYG :red_circle::white_circle:

W

Orried.

6 Likes

And yet the CL provides more revenue, and makes us a desirable destination for players.

It seems to me that this is the best way to invest in our team

3 Likes