Vinai Venkatesham

This week Vinai will show us what he’s made of.

Let’s hope he doesn’t slip in it.

He makes a good point

12 Likes

I think it just proves, what we all know anyway, that pirated content affects big business and, because they don’t like losing money, they’ll do what ever it takes to get their pirated product down as quickly as possible.

But racist abuse is personal, rather than financial, so whoever is responsible for making these decisions, presumably, won’t see it as so important.

6 Likes

Tbf it is easy to tackle pirated content although there are workarounds.

I feel like people need to realize you’ll never tame the internet.

1 Like

The Internet is just a medium. Cunts use it as a platform to be cunts and think they can get away with it - the simple fact is that it needs to be policed better. It needs to be policed in the same way normal life is policed tbh.

For example, a racist person wouldn’t get away with calling somebody a “p*ki bastard” in a supermarket if a policeman was standing nearby, so why is it allowed on the Internet particularly where evidence of the incident is right there for everybody to see. It’s actually easier to police if anything because the abuse can be screenshotted or will still be on that person’s timeline etc.

I’m mainly looking at the big social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram etc. A relatively simple fix would be to require people to scan a copy of their driving license or passport to verify their identity / address. That would stop cunts from thinking they can get away with saying things they know they wouldn’t be able to get away with out on the street.

2 Likes

These platforms rely on user base considering they are free platform and rely on eyeballs, rather than subscription.
Asking for such information impacts product funnel and less users end up on the platform, if you are a new platform.
If you have an existing user base, how will you ask them to submit such information.

If WhatsApp ask me of such information, I won’t give it considering they are owned by Facebook and we all know how they are with user data.

It’s more difficult rather.
I will leave you with the latest podcast by radiolabs focusing on this subject in a different perspective.

Doesn’t Netflix have like more subscribers every year? I think companies like Disney, Apple and Amazon don’t bring streaming services to the market when there is no financial gain to be had. I think the they lose money is an overrated argument.

:vinai:

get fucking rid of this

3 Likes

Resign you cunt

It’s the Kroenkes that really need to go, but they won’t and Vinai will definitely be hung out to dry for his part in it.

6 Likes

Yeah true, but right now the entire future of this club relies upon luck. We already know enough about Vinai to know he’s not taking this club where it needs to go. Who knows, if he leaves maybe the next hire we make will be good in spite of the ownerships best efforts to sabotage this club.

5 Likes

Should resign asap.

2 Likes

Over the ESL stuff?

I think this was probably over his head. Him and Edu probably had no say in it whatsoever.

Stan and maybe his son Josh probably arranged it all and fed it down the chain, basically said this is what we’re doing now.

2 Likes

I don’t think he should resign but as Chief Executive, he would have a pretty big say/involvement in the ESL negotiations

No doubt the order came from the top but he shouldn’t even be in his position in the first place. The axe needs to swing on someone though. Should be the owners themselves but idk how likely that is.

Lmao shitter wants to keep his job :joy::joy:

1 Like

Just resign you fuck.

1 Like

Vinai reading this thread like

tenor-9

1 Like