Villarreal vs Arsenal (EL)

Yeah. It’s gonna be Eddie or Martinelli.

Training is one thing
Doing it when it matters is another thing

1 Like

thing is that balogun can do it when it matters, he seems like one of the players more likely to score for us…he didnt need many chances to score for us in europe did he. He seems more clinical than most of our squad.

He has literally never played in an important game.

7 Likes

We’ve accumulated a few more weaknesses since he was here.
Arteta being the most obvious.

1 Like

Exactly this .

1 Like

Going to be hard work for us without either of Auba or Laca available at CF, winning any European SF with a championship standard CF is a task. Huge job ahead for Arteta.

2 Likes

I’m tempted to skip the game entirely if Nketiah starts up top.

I can’t picture how the game will play out. Will we cede possession and counter attack? If so, I’m even happy for Pépé to get the nod for a central role.

But if we’re going to try and control the game, Martinelli will surely provide more of an all round threat than Nketiah.

2 Likes

I’d play Martinelli at CF personally given the situation. It’s rough for us we spend 110 million quid on CF and 500k a week on wages and potentially face the situation of Eddie starting at CF in a European SF.

2 Likes

I would like Martinelli up top too, he’s the biggest threat we have available and with the greatest respect to Eddie, the one most likely to conjure up a bit of magic if it’s needed.

1 Like

I might skip it too. Eddie up top in European semi final is just…not for me.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure I can get myself to watch this either

Away leg is so much more important to not have any strikers fit is a massive blow.

1 Like

People talking about not watching the biggest game of our season. SMH. :expressionless:

12 Likes

Thank fuck I’m not alone on this. :grimacing:

Yea…at least wait until we’re two down after fifteen minutes for gods sake.

5 Likes

I would start with Martinelli and, if it’s not working, bring on Nketiah.
He is often very effective coming off the bench.

1 Like

If Nketiah starts, I’m whacking money on Arsenal 0 goals.

3 Likes

FFS, is it Thursday already? Can’t fucking wait. :scream:

We once started Sanogo up top against Bayern in a CL knockout. Nketiah starting a Europa League game is not even in the top 50 on the PAINometer.

2 Likes