Villarreal vs Arsenal (EL)

We’re gonna see a classic European knock out performance from Villarreal. We will create nothing for 90mins and get done a couple times on the break. 2-0 Emery.

2 Likes

Unai pushing for Elneny to start :joy:

11 Likes

Aside from being in poor taste, that’s a really weird comparison considering the Soviet tactics were brutally effective and turned the whole trend of the war on its head, whilst on the other side the Germans were defeated because their leader was far too aggressive and refused to countenance retreat or a defensive posture of any kind despite the clear necessity.

2 Likes

100,000 German soldiers captured by the end of it, wasn’t it?

Only a relative handful saw Germany again

2 Likes

After the lacklustre performances in the PL it’s clear that Arteta has prioritised the EL, because we aren’t going to get CL football any other way.
So we should see him pick the best players he has available and at least get a draw at Villareal.

Whose even fit for this? Are odegaard, auba and Laca out? Add in Tierney and we are very far from a first team.

I mean I think the 750,000 casualties were probably the bigger loss.

Ødegaard fit, came on v Everton. Presuming Laca is out, not sure on Auba.

OF ALL THE PLAYERS HE COULD MENTION AND HE CHOOSES THE MOST BLAND AND BORING PLAYERS ! EMERY IS TROLLING BIG TIME.

3 Likes

If Arteta had any sense he would listen to what Emery is saying and do the opposite.
It’s in Emery’s interest to see Arteta fail because it makes himself look better.

1 Like

I voted that we will win because I hate myself

7 Likes

This is fully set up for Emery to get revenge, on the club and in the players.

1 Like

Not sure how this plays out. Obviously we have the player advantage but Emery’s tactics often promote chaos/end to end if thats the best way of putting it, and that either makes managers play scared and force draws or the other managers attacks the risky plays and you end up with a high scoring game. both managers are pretty small dicky in these situations though.

I think we will win but it will be tough because I’m not sure I see Arteta dealing with Emery too well initially.

At least it will be exciting.

1 Like

Only because Arteta is the manager tho. Villareal is nothing special.

1 Like

I can’t picture Emery overly celebrating if he does beat us, though.

Seems a bit classier than that, in spite of us sacking him

3 Likes

Auba not in training today.
Even if he makes it’s likely he won’t start.
Balo looking sharp in training. :eyes:

Watched a lot of Villa games. I admire two players: Samu and Pau. They defend with an high line despite have a slow defense, Albiol is so slow, Foyth makes a lot of mistakes.

Their quality don’t scare me.

I’m worried of Unai. He knows our weaknesses so well.

3 Likes

It would be ridiculous for Balogun to start. You can’t throw a kid in for his (near enough) debut leading the line on his own in a game of this magnitude and I’d be especially surprised if Arteta who, rightly or wrongly, values experience over quality were to do that.

Don’t worry. It will be Eddie. Yay