Video technology (VAR) in football

Pitch side monitors they said
Ref just has to check it they said. Still not working is it.
Yet again were talking machines not footballers. Bin it ffs.

Its so easy to be consistent with VAR the refs are just idiots. With the pogba penalty a week or so ago where he hangs his leg out and trips himself over if they just looked at the other angle it was obvious.

The Maguire one tonight blows my mind though. How can you see that and think its a foul. Jesus christ

1 Like
4 Likes

Doesnā€™t surprise me in the slightest.

1 Like

Only had VAR for season and a half though.

1 Like

Any idea if this bloke has published the data and the methodology used to back up those rankings?

Iā€™d be curious to read if so, just to know if its solid or if we just want to believe that we get a hard time from officials. Iā€™ll have a dig about once Iā€™m done at work, unless my brain is too tired by 4pm, which is usually how I feel at the end of the day lol

1 Like

So subjective. Donā€™t give much attention to such data.
This is Mourinho level delusion when he went ā€˜the world is against usā€™ tactic to excuse himself or motivate his team.
Itā€™s laughable.

2 Likes

Whether or not I believe that guys findings itā€™s hard to argue that we donā€™t take an absolute dicking by the refs on a constant basis.

Iā€™d love us to call it out a little more and draw more attention to wrong calls and contentious decisions. Iā€™m not saying be like Fergie where youā€™d practically destroy a dudeā€™s livelihood over a bad call but we donā€™t have to keep taking it on the chin so wilfully all the time.

5 Likes

Now if he can give us a reason why im listening but the reality is youā€™ll get this finger pointing everywhere.

Thing is if we just go back through posts in this forum we will be able to find at least 20 occasions we was fucked over. The Kane penalty at Wembley when he was already of offside springs to mind, a Sokratis goal which was disallowed, because he supposedly fouled a defender during a corner when in fact he was the one that was fouled. Thatā€™s just two, both cost us big time, that draw to Spurs cost a champions league spot.

You really donā€™t see this crap happen to Utd, you really donā€™t.

3 Likes

Go through the other fixtures thread and look on the comments on VAR decisions on different teams.
People just raw from Wolves. We get a decision people just say we are owed one.
See it on any team forum. Football is blame culture. Not a new thing.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t this Chambers?

Yeah thatā€™s the one, I still canā€™t understand how Chambers fouled the Palace player!

Also: fucking miss going to the Emirates man, the crowds the atmosphere. We didnā€™t know the world would become this way. Feels bad man.jpg

Also also: Pepeā€™s corners used to be on point. What the fuck happened.

1 Like

I think these two things are linked.

Pepe only takes a good corner in a ā€œcrowdlyā€ presence.

ā€œPut the ball in the box, you waste of space!ā€

2 Likes

Iā€™m confident that fans of basically all clubs could do the same because everyone remembers the injustices, and its not like any fanbase will also rigorously assess every situation in which their club unduly benefited from poor officiating.

I find it hard to see why refs would treat us differently to any other club, what would the agenda be?

3 Likes

I think it has to do with the way Arsene threw shade on them. Probably didnā€™t like that, donā€™t know but it sure does seem that way. Not sure what Utd or Pool fans could complain about, there incidents are far and few between.

Hes been gone a few years, and plenty of managers have been critical about poor officiating, surely?

I dunno man I just donā€™t personally see it, I guess. Thats why I was asking earlier about the methodology and data for that bloke who said we got the roughest ride basically every year for about five years, cos Iā€™d love to be able to feel like the victim and have a burning sense of injustice fuelling my rage haha

2 Likes

Did Vertoghen also take someone out just before half time that really should have been a penalty in that match also ?

1 Like

If Aubameyang scored his penalty none of that matters

1 Like

True. But they shouldnā€™t of had that penalty in the first place. Really annoying to think those 2 points we dropped cost us a CL place.

1 Like