Victor Osimhen

I think he’ll stay at Napoli at least one more season.

Even if he left, striker doesn’t seem like a high priority for us given Jesus, Eddie, and Balogun coming back. And even if we win the league I think other clubs would be able to outbid us on wages.

I think the Arsenal name will be thrown out a lot in the upcoming summer window, a young manager and a young team playing quality football and challenging for trophies, makes for an easy filler in conversations.

3 Likes

I’ve got a feeling that Napoli ain’t too fond of us either so for us they would tell us to sod off.

Dream signing. Can’t be real.

One of the world’s best strikers at the moment so it isn’t any surprise that any two bit news source is going to throw his name about same with Kvara.
De Laurentis only just gave an interview saying no-one is for sale only if a ridiculous amount is offered so anything could be possible.
The only thing I would say is if Napoli remain on this trajectory he’s gonna have to improve a few contracts

I know next to noting about Napoli’s finances, do you think they could come close to offering what a prem club might?

You could easily see Chelsea or United offering up £300k+ a week.

It’s actually why I think it’s a bit of pipe dream for us, we’re clearly willing to spend £100m on a player but we seem to have a soft wage cap at around the £250k mark. I’m not saying we wouldn’t obliterate that for the right player but I’m also in the way of thinking it’s probably not something we should actively be looking to do either

The reality is that the Antony / Mudryk / Sancho deals have basically made the baseline fee for a good young attacker £100m

When you factor in the proposed fee for Bellingham at £150m and the fact Arsenal were prepared to pay £80m for Caicedo after basically 30 league games…

And the striker market being a very tough market right now…

And then sprinkle a bit of ADL on top and suddenly you’ve got £150-200m as the proposed fee for Osimhen.

4 Likes

not even sure if he would be ‘allowed’ to come here because we promised Jesus that he would be our main man one of the big reasons why he came here. I dont see Arteta welching on that so i think it will be Balogun coming in and hoping that he continues form.

The only slight caveat being are they worried about being investigated over his transfer. Maybe they’d want to get him off the books while making a profit.

Not that that would rectify any supposed dodgyness behind the deals but you see that approach all the time in the game

He would be my number one signing for that position, but I doubt we go for a striker in the summer.

If he goes it’s gonna be for big wages and he’s De Laurentis isn’t someone who will pay massive wages. Personally I think he’ll see what will happen if we win Serie A and or the champions league.
My main worry is losing Kvara as he only cost about €10 million and ADL would look for a massive profit.

Jesus left, Osimhen centre and, Saka right is absolutely sexual football. Martinelli, Trossard and Nketiah/Balogun/ESR in reserve - we can match City if we buy a cm.

Only oil money can afford him I reckon. Chelsea or Newcastle.

A front 3 of Jesus Osimhem Saka would be fucking heaven hahaha.

3 Likes

If we do buy a striker or forward in general I’d say both of these are on their way out to accommodate it financially.

Which wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if it were someone the calibre of Osimhen or even Rashford.

2 Likes

One would definitely need to bounce but like you said, if it’s to make room for Osimhen, cheerioooo!

3 Likes

i have no problems with eddie sodding off…i just dont see it in him i feel he is a midtable striker.

2 Likes

He then also spoke about his future : “Playing in Serie A is wonderful for me. I know that people consider the Premier League to be the most important championship in the world, but for now I don’t think about it, I don’t know what will happen. I’m working hard and I’m happy to play in Naples. I do my best to achieve my goals and maybe to play in the Premier League one day, but I’m enjoying the moment. For me, Serie A remains a great challenge, with different characteristics from other leagues and with fans who they always make you feel their support. In this aspect, for me it’s the best league.”

Keep your dream on hold guys

You’re a brave man taking him at his word on this. Once guys like Chelsea start putting down fat contracts in front of him all that romanticism will go up in smoke. Saying that if he’s not coming here let’s hope he stays because I think he’d be an absolute weapon for any team in the EPL

3 Likes

Which brings us to the question now of if the PL is the best League in the world, should the top players look to be participating in it?
Mbappe for instance is one of the very best. Wouldn’t it be better to play here and get some value on a domestic title for once.
Barca and Real might have some historical pull and CL recent wins might be a consideration. Would it not be more satisfactory though being challenged in this League now?

Oh for sure I don’t envisage players like Osimhen and Kvara staying at Napoli for a long time but there is such a passion for the team in Naples that its hard to translate from an English perspective. The team and the city know history may be achieved and they will be treated as gods for a long time so if they win something this season they’ll be there a little while longer to revell in the glory.

Now after saying this as yourself and @Stroller says there is always gonna be the big wages and the pull of the PL and if that’s their ambition at the end of the day good luck to them.
But I’ve always said preferring the culture and lifestyle of say Italy or Spain maybe a factor in choosing your next club.

3 Likes