Upcoming Video Games

Lol what, I’m simply continuing my discussion point highlighting that although I consider them mostly cash grabs there are some that do appeal to me. You also cut out the part which says I’ll be buying the Dead Space rework.

Alan Wake coming out is a little bit different too especially for Sony crowds, it’s the first time this IP has been available to them. Big difference between that and something like TLOU being available on Xbox compared to say the Uncharted series being remastered for like the 2nd or 3rd time.

Of course I still play them, I’ve probably played as many remasters as anyone on here, Resident Evil 1 remaster is one of my favourite games of all time and the perfect remaster. Shit like FFvii remake which is one twentieth of the entire story highlights the greed and lazy nature of the industry.

It’s hard to argue that for the most part they are designed to milk the consumer with minimal effort but it doesn’t mean I don’t see merit in a true upgrade or even better bringing a title to a completely new audience.

1 Like

:fishing_pole_and_fish: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

How so, he’s made me look like I’m contradicting myself but I literally begin the post by saying that Silent Hills and MGS would excite, I just feel overall they aren’t the best thing for the industry.

Jesus, it’s very unlike you to bite this hard :joy:

3 Likes

I was actually just enjoying the conversation lol. I like talking about games the good and the bad and if you wanted to tell me why you felt otherwise I was all ears.

Every thread these days just descends into brain dead garbage and you can forgive me for thinking this one might still be able to hold a discussion.

It’s his passion for the subject matter at hand blinding him

1 Like

Oh come on now, I was just being a bit of a rascal, no need to get so deep about it.

1 Like

Bro it’s not that deep.

Jakey was making a joke about how you were dissing all these remakes of classic games that people love and then you’re saying you’re going to go back and replay Alan Wake for the nostalgia - why do you think they companies are remaking these games in the first place? :joy: for the nostalgia obviously

I’m dying to get my hands on a remastered version of GTA Vice City for the same reason you want to play Alan Wake again

1 Like

No you’ve ruined everything, I’m taking my controller and going home.

5 Likes

I bet you were always Player Two

I bet he always got the third-party controller.

4 Likes

My original post wasn’t actually doing this though I was illustrating that modern games like TLOU don’t need remasters and that others like Silent Hill would be interesting. Some are good, some are lazy.

I’ll drop this now because it’s not important but I was just trying to have an open discussion on the subject.

What’s everyone’s opinion on the slew of remastered games coming out?

Personally, I think its a bad sign of where the industry is at. However, I do occasionally buy Remastered games or remakes, so I do get the appeal and understand that game publishers are, to an extent, just giving consumers what they want.

Would be interested to hear other people’s perspectives though, as long as others are open to having an open discussion about the subject.

1 Like

Well, people buy them so there’s definitely a market there.
Still waiting for bloody Bloodborne to get remastered. :sob:

Btw, when you say remasters, do you also put remakes in the same basket? I think most remakes feel like a whole different game and experience so I’m definitely more appreciative of them.

Mafia The definitive edition was a visual masterpiece of a remake.

1 Like

Elder Scrolls VI is an exclusive to xbox. That alone might pip Xbox ahead in the exclusive war

There we go @Castiel, I restarted your open discussion for you, have at it son.

I’m probably in the minority here but I actually like these remastered games, granted both Bethesda and Rockstar are fully taking the piss with the amount of times they have rereleased Skyrim and GTA V.

However, as I get older nostalgia for simpler times and things associated with those times gets stronger. Recently restarted playing the Mass Effect Trilogy, took me back a good ten years to 2010 (not that my life is worse now or anything) but thoroughly enjoyed replaying and rediscovering things about this time. These remasters fill a niche for me, as kid when the next gen console would come out I would always think “I wonder what this game would of been like on the new platform” now I don’t need to wonder, plus going back and playing older games always ruined it for me. Because when you go back they always looked crusty af, this solves that.

Just wish that it wouldn’t replace new content and was used as filler in between new ips

Edit: Would add it also allows new gamers and older gamers to play games they never really got a chance to. There’s tonnes of people who were on a different platform or maybe just to young to play some of these games and now they get to experience them as well.

4 Likes

@Castiel am I forgiven? Pay attention to me.

2 Likes

Sorry I have you on mute now so I can’t see what you’re saying to me.

5 Likes