Upcoming Video Games

WHAAAAAAAAT??? It’ll be a beautiful disaster. Skyrim just came up on Game Pass and I’ve been playing waaaaaaaay to much. So many cabbages to steal.This should be fun.

2 Likes

Ahh mate I’ve been binging Skyrim lately. Level 35 and I’m barely halfway through the story

2 Likes

Yesssssss

Best game in the series for me, and I agree, one of the best open worlds. I don’t think there’s an inch of that map I haven’t explored. Did you play the follow up Rogue? Very similar except its more North America and a lot less tropical. So not as good, but still really good fun on the high seas if you basically just want more of the same.

Deffo gonna get Black Flag for Xbox1 at some point just to replay it, I don’t think there is an improved version available. Not that fucked about it having better graphics anyway, its still great to look at that game.

2 Likes

Fallen Order was nice.

1 Like

Yeah was an amazing game, I never completed it there was so much to do. I love assassins creed games for that. Not sure I posted on here but Odyssey is in my top 5 games of all time. Really good characters, clever storyline, beautiful setting and so many historical implements in there. As a lover of the classics it is just the most exciting game.

I wish they’d do one in Ancient Rome. Definitely two of the most fascinating eras of human history.

2 Likes

Origins is where I went off Assassin’s Creed. The world was beautiful to inhabit, it looked great, but I didn’t really enjoy the turn towards being more of an RPG. I liked sneaking about and blading people in the throat, in Origins if the enemy was a higher level you couldn’t stealth assassinate them,and I found I just kept on getting into fairly lengthy and repetitive sword fights. Which isn’t really what I am there for in an Assassin’s Creed game. Feels like you’re more of a warrior than an assassin imo.

But I totally get why others think its sick, I’m just not that into RPGs, I appreciated the Witcher 3 and probably did about ten hours on it, but I kinda just gave up on it.

1 Like

I hope it goes more like immortals fenxy rising that’s a open world game from ubisoft that actually feels fresh compared the assassins creed series.

1 Like

I’m not sure this alone is enough, but Microsoft had to do something to try to address Sony’s absolute dominance in terms of exclusives in the last generation. Still think I’ll be going PS5 when the time comes, which is a shame as I’ve been Xbox for the last two generations.

But I need the Spiderman games, Ghosts of Tsushima and The Last of Us games in my life. Not to mention wanting to finally give Uncharted and God of War a go eventually.

2 Likes

Port this to PC ffs

Game pass is about to be fucking LIT

Rumours are most of the first party games from the end of ps4 are ported to steam soon.

I feel like this would annoy me more if Fallout and Elder Scrolls hadn’t felt like dead franchises for the last number of years.

Even though I’m a huge Sony fanboy I really feel like we need to move away from exclusives, cross play and faster PC ports - both to and from- are probably what’s best for the community as a whole.

5 Likes

:pray:

1 Like

Sony have said they’re porting their exclusives to the PC albeit 2-3 years after PS release. I just hope they can provide 3440x1440 support.

1 Like

Can’t go wrong with Sony bro. The exclusives are just that much better, I love Bethesda games but like someone else was saying Fallout and elder scrolls are just dead ips at the moment. God knows when they will be realising new titles in that line, shit could be like 4/5 years away.

2 Likes

And I want more exclusives. :sweat_smile:
The difference in quality is just massive. Especially in the last gen you can see how beneficial it is for studios to work on a single platform.
There’s probably only one company in my books that can pull off releasing on multiple platforms and still have a truly premium product. That’s Rockstar Games.

1 Like

Even if I was a fan of what was Rockstar is putting out these days I wouldn’t use them as an example of a perfect company. They’re beating a dead horse to death with GTA5 and for me personally I think they’re a shadow of their former self. GTA5 seems a cash grab and RDR2 was a snoozefest with awful gameplay.

They seemed a much more ambitious company back in the day when they we’re releasing games like Manhunt and Max Payne - while working with Remedy Studios.

Other than certain PC games that have specific and strict inventory systems and certain keyboard button configs I really don’t see why any company worth it’s salt can’t take the time to make their game cross platform. It usually happens eventually anyway.

2 Likes

That’s not true. The tech between an Xbox and PS is essentially largely the same AMD tech. Sony just signed up the smartest developers who were best at optimising games for the specific tech.

They were far more creative for sure.

1 Like

Just managed to purchase my new xbox console… Three months later than planned, but finally got hold of one… Collecting next week, can’t wait!

5 Likes