Upcoming Video Games

Bro. What game did you play?

The Witcher 3 is probably one of the best games of the last generation, it was ground breaking in that it’s side quests were not the typical go fetch ones, but had lots of interesting dialogue and twists, graphics for the time were beautiful, story is very engaging, the overall design of the game is top notch, very dark and gloomy which in my opinion captures the poverty and war that’s happening in the background very well. Massive detailed world with lots of very interesting characters a long the way, a complicated political back drop, and tonnes of play styles to top it off.

Granted sword play can become repetitive, (the souls games have ruined combat in every other game for me) and in the beginning the storage and stuff was annoying but other than that can’t fault it. Plus every week CDPR were releasing free DLC, 11 in total I think.

Sorry bro can’t agree with you on TW3, games a masterpiece.

3 Likes

Any levelling up tips? I’m only at Level 2 and can’t seem to slay a werewolf, which I thought looked an easier quest. I had another save where I got upto the Botchling, but again I was far too weak to get past it. Makes it frustrating and I didn’t want to play on the easiest setting

1 Like

Werewolves are actually quite hard to slay at the beginning. But the best thing you can do very early is, use Igni, and get a set of Temerian Armour from the first merchant, it should give a very good boost until your like level 6/7. Also don’t forget to play everyone you can at Gwent.

1 Like

I played it for weeks digging for a piece of gold and I tried replaying it when the Netflix series (which was excellent btw) was released. I don’t know what the hype is still about with this game.

1 Like

Witcher 3 is actually sensational. Though weirdly more of my friends gave up on it rather than embraced it like I did. I always thought that they were just filthy casuals but I do think it’s one of those games you get out what you put into it. Once everything falls into place it’s just fucking wonderful though, leagues above solid games of similar nature like Skyrim or Dragon Age.

Gwent is also perhaps the greatest mini game to ever exist.

2 Likes

Going to be sick!!!

3 Likes

Wait…

Is this going to be a remastered version of the original trilogy AND a sequel following on from Mass Effect 3???

1 Like

I think it’s the original trilogy plus all the DLC and the promotional content like the weapons and armour packs.

I think the Mass effect Trilogy is one of the greatest games of all time, so excited to replay those games, especially if they fix some of the earlier gameplay mechanisms. Demon souls remaster on PS5 is a masterpiece so hoping the team at BioWare can pull of a similar feat here.

2 Likes

Bethesda Indiana Jones game!!

2 Likes

Hopefully they don’t fuck this up.
It’s gonna be a tough act for it to stand out though. We already have Uncharted and Tomb Raider(even though the last couple of installments haven’t been great).

2 Likes

I now wonder if this is gonna be an XBOX exclusive to compete with Uncharted. :thinking:

1 Like

You’d think so, I assumed they bought Bethesda so they could compete in terms of exclusives in this generation, cos Sony shat all over them last time round.

5 Likes

Got the last mission to do on GTA 5. This is the third time doing it 2013 (PS3) 2014 (PS4) then I restarted it again on the end of November last year. Due to the 6 year gap I’ve really enjoyed it again. Its such a good game. I’m gonna try for 100 percent this time as I only done the story mode the previous two occasions.

3 Likes

Haha, snap. I completed it (for the second time, but first on this generation) last weekend, now I’m achievement hunting. Going for 70 gold medals now, I kinda want to go for 100% but I have Control and Saints Row 4 purchased and ready to be played, and then Hitman 3 comes out in just over a week at which point I’ll be dropping all other games swiftly.

I’ve put in a fair bit of work on GTA5, I’m on 75% completion and I’ve collected all the nuclear waste in that fucking sub and done that incredibly drawn out Epsilon mission with Michael that involves wearing that fucking outfit and then wandering around in the desert for five miles haha.

I 100%ed Arkham Knight recently, first game I’ve ever 100%ed, and it was pretty fucking satisfying.

1 Like
5 Likes

Are these all attainable offline? I haven’t played in nearly 2 years because all the better content like vehicles etc is essentially online only and I don’t have the energy to grind hard for that, nor am I paying for it either.

Sorry mate, is what attainable offline?

I’m just referring to trying to 100% the story, I’m fairly sure online is not a part of the 100% achievement, didn’t see anything online in the checklist for 100% i skimmed the other day, but I did skim after all.

Do you mean trophies or am I misunderstanding haha, I’m doing a bit of trophy completion shit lately

Ahh, I see what you mean. So I’m tempted to work towards a specific trophy (achievement on Xbox) which is 100% completion, and the things you need to do is basically all missions, all side missions, all collectibles, air/sea/road races, a certain number of the random encounters and a whole load more shit besides.

You don’t need to get all of the PS trophies/Xbox achievements to get 100%.

My current aim is the trophy/achievement which is to get 70 gold medals on missions or the strangers and freaks side missions. I may achieve this, I suspect I’ll never truly commit to make 100% happen.

2 Likes

Thank fuck, EA is such trash. Hope Ubisoft can recreate the magic they had with Assasins Creed Black Flag, one of the best open world games in recent times imo.

3 Likes