Upcoming Video Games

They must have pulled the game, because it might break the console. Don’t know why else they would do this. There are far shittier games still available.

Doesn’t make any sense if its to do with purely ps4 players

If it worked fine on next gen consoles PlayStation would just make cyberpunk exclusive to ps5 and stop the sale of it to ps4 consoles which is easy enough. They must have high refunds across the board.

Makes sense. Still crazy for a AAA title to get pulled like that. Bet CDPR are in meltdown mode…

The below PC is probably weaker graphically than a PS4 but is clocked much higher on it’s CPU. To get it working on the PS4 they’ll probably need to reduce how much is going on in the world to reduce loading times etc while similarly reducing it to a 720p experience. The PS4 Pro could maybe do 1080p but similarly would need a simpler gameworld to process.

Yeah it should simply never have been released on PS4 and Xbox One. They should have marketed it as a next gen game and for proper PCs.

They unnecessarily hurt their own reputation now. I played Witcher 3 and it was one of the best games I ever played.

1 Like

Witcher 3 was the best, personally even though I’m enjoying Cyberpunk I don’t think it comes close to the magic of The Witcher 3. It’s funny how people approach games differently too, Roach on the house became a meme and everyone laughed the bugs off and enjoyed what the game had to offer and with Cyberpunk kids on reddit are getting refunds yet spending the next month of their life obsessed with tearing the game down on social media lol.

I’m really trying to separate myself from the online gaming communities and just play games for myself without knowing too much about them. The hype industry combined with store bought reviews from major publishers just ruins the experience tbh.

3 Likes

Yeah for sure.

The thing with Cyberpunk is: it is a great game and there is an incredible amount of detail put into the game unrivalled by anything out there.

This kind of game should be played only on adequate hardware, though.

I also rather had them delay it even more to iron out the problems. Seems to me like it was rushed just to be in stores for Christmas. Once it is out it is out and down to immense scrutiny in the digital internet age and as you said those kids can be the harshest and most obsessed.

1 Like

Maybe I’m just a pleb but I thought when I bought my PS4 that they would be able to play PS4 games on it and them not be shit.

I never understood the mid life hardware boost for consoles, I thought they were just to make games look a bit sharper so didn’t care - is this really wide knowledge that games released at the end of a console cycle will be shit on the original? I don’t game much anymore or follow that world so really don’t know.

2 Likes

Epic Games offer a free game every 24 hrs -> https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Today’s free game is Cities: Skylines

Next game unlocks in about 3 hrs

We’re getting ready for the season of giving with our most festive sale of the year!

Also starting December 17, we’ll be giving away a new game each day for two weeks straight - that’s right, it’s 15 Days of Free Games ! Each game will be free to claim for just 24 hours, but they’re yours to keep forever.

Now is the perfect time to browse and add any games you’re interested in to your Wishlist while logged in to your Epic account - you’ll receive a notification if they go on sale.

Happy (Early) Holidays, everyone!

1 Like

Youre such a kid to expect that. Keep crying.

Haha

I really wanted to wait for the PS5 version myself to enjoy haptic feedback and other features but it’s looking like that could be a long while a way and I’ll probably be moved on to other things by then.

CD Projekt Red were pretty sneaky about how they went about the performance of the game on old consoles, they put out an embargo on video reviews of the performance on old generation and said it performed surprisingly well, which was essentially horseshit and probably the worst thing they could have done throughout all this. I do feel for people who we’re essentially conned by them into buying this on the old generation as I appreciate not everyone wants to keep their eyes on performance power of their consoles, hell that’s one of the reasons to own one over a PC is you can plug and play and forget all that tech headache.

What’s happening now is you are seeing a console on it’s last legs trying to play a game that is essentially optimized to be played on a PC or next gen processors and GPU. Some company was going to make this mistake and unfortunately for CD Projekt Red it was them. You’ll see a lot of companies moving forward that had plans on making their games play on both old and new gens nope the fuck out and just throw themselves into the new generation’s parameters. I really can’t see any major company making the mistake again after you see what it’s done for CD’s reputation.

For your own gaming enjoyment and for value for money, I would look at any new games that are coming out on the PS4 and think if it’s going to run well or not, the reality is over the next year it’s only going to get worse and more demanding on already old tech. 50 quid for the next AAA game like Cyberpunk would essentially be better put towards the future proof investment of a new gaming PC or new generation console. Personally speaking if I were in your shoes, I’d take the refund and look towards the new generation.

4 Likes

Don’t forget you get a £10 voucher you can spend on games priced over £13.99 and you get a new £10 voucher for each £13.99+ game you buy

1 Like

It’s not just resolution they also lose framerate. You might not be that much bothered if it goes down to 25fps but dropping much lower will see a slide show in heavily demanding parts of the game.

They probably can make optimisations by making aspects of the game simpler to get it to work on a PS4. But launch day there was no chance. Should of always launched the PS4 later.

I forgot to add Ubisoft connect are also doing a free game or DLC per day

Also for all the next gen peeps make sure you get screens that can take advantage of the higher FPS, which you also have to turn on with the PS5.

1 Like

Gotta get that LG OLED CX. :drooling_face:

2 Likes

1 Like

Yesterday’s freebie, still available for another hour.

So I hear this over and over and have no clue what people are talking about.

When Witcher 3 came out the marketing was also insane and anticipation was at fever pitch. I even paid $75 and waited 2 days for the game to download (shit internet at the time). The game was an unpolished money grab with constant glitches, crap AI and repetitive missions, dialogue and action.

I was excited about CyberPunk like everyone else until my friend told me it’s made by the same studio that made Witcher so I opted out immediately. CDPR has a crack marketing team and a shit everything else. They’re so good they’ve got people still praising a crap game they made almost 6 years ago.

How many hours did you put into it? Supposedly you need to put a shedload of time into it to get properly into the story and experience. It’s strengths are it’s story and how your choices affect that story.

I haven’t got that far in yet, my character is too lowly to get into the story so far. I loved Witcher 1 and 2 as 2 of the best gaming experiences I’ve had but that’s largely about the story and character interractions. Combat in 1 is an absolute aquired taste.

The games were based on the novels by Andrzej Sapkowski and consequently have shedloads more lore than your average RPG.

1 Like