Upcoming Video Games

I played about 10 hours and got my refund accepted by xbox withing 1 minute of requesting it

Most hyped I’ve ever been for a game but its just shit and no amount of patching will fix it. They have absolutely no idea how to program AI and it breaks immersion immediately

1 Like

They should never have released it on the old generation consoles, should have been optimized entirely for higher end machines. I’m absolutely loving it though and can’t wait for the PS5 version to come live so I can experience the joys of haptic feedback with this brilliant game. I don’t think it’s as good as the Witcher and I don’t think it’s the revolutionary step in gaming that people thought it was going to be,- I don’t think any open world title will ever be that, they are all too samey.

What I will say is the RPG elements are fantastic, I play this game like a Deus Ex/Hitman hybrid, stealth, hacking and taking my time. All the open world GTA shit really doesn’t add a great deal to the story in my opinion - perhaps that will change if they integrate multiplayer and Night City will have a more prominent reason for existing outside traveling to and from missions.

The story building is also superb too, CD Projekt Red are in a league of their own when it comes to adding substance to the most trivial of missions. I do feel for them that they’ve tainted their exceptional reputation by releasing this on the old generation, I honestly have no idea how they or the consumer thought this was going to be a smooth ride on technology that’s been struggling for years. I guess they didn’t want to leave any eddies on the table as the majority of gamers are still stuck in the last generation thanks to lack of supply/scalping bullshittery. Shame because there’s a great game here that’s worthy of time and praise when you look past the old generational dramas.

2 Likes

Did the AI all cowering the same, the dialogue options being shit, the police having no pathing and cannot access vehicles so they teleport on you and don’t follow you, the gang members who cannot follow you and properly fight back, the actual combat where the ai were so fucking stupid. Having no real unique vendors the ai who drive cars are stuck on a strict path not bother you ?

Story did feel good but I want to be immersed, Witcher 3 the Bloody Baron main quest and the following side quest line was absolutely amazing, I did a bit of the main quest and some side missions and it all felt completely dead.

They tainted their rep on this old generation release, but even on Pc and the new console the actual AI mechanics are appalling, Gta5 when it was released had better immersion.

The reddit is honestly one of my go-tos for a laugh atm

Nope none of this bothered me, AI has been fine for me, I play mostly stealth so I’m not getting into mad firefights all the time and when I do they are challenging enough, nothing special probably comparable to The Division although I like the combat mechanics in this more.

I don’t fuck with the police in about 40 hours of gameplay I’ve only had them on me twice, I did notice how they just morph to you which is a bit weird and shit but then again I don’t play like this like GTA, I play it like an RPG so this doesn’t bother me.

Unique vendors are absolutely a thing, early in the game you do a mission for Silverhands and he takes you a superfan, you have a little chit chat with him about the band and it opens up his shop where you can buy a legendary T-shirt with the Samuarai logo - Silverhands old band, thought that was cool as fuck.

Honestly I go on Reddit too but to laugh at all the crying kids are doing, this is far from the best game ever made but it’s super fun and refreshing. I put GTA5 down after about 20 hours and the same for Red Dead Redemption, this is a completely different animal though, it allows me to play the game how I want to and feels a lot more like Fallout than GTA, which is only a good thing.

In my run time I’ve only experienced about 6or7 visual bugs and nothing game breaking, the crashes are constant though and it does get on my nerves. However with the short load times I just log back in and get on with my jam.

Yeah pretty sure you cant label them crying kids when the game is genuinely broken and none of the promises have been met, like not even close.

I didnt play it like GTA I don’t particularly like it, but I got the police spawn on me because I called my car in and it run me over. I never shot anyone but had to deal with the police alot.

Yeah thats not really what I was implying as a unique vendor, more referring to what they said was in the game.

Glad you enjoy though, respect.

What sort of vendor were you meaning?

Watching a vid on YouTube about the next GTA. That’s the only game that I would have to get a PS5 for haha

Big balls Sony. :open_mouth:

The best move, in no way should a game, especially a big budgeted game, be released in the state it was in, marketing and videos were all misleading.

Although I guess Sony are just Crying Kids right? :wink:

CD Projekt Red just completely pissed away their amazing reputation and good will that they had earned over the years with the incredible Witcher games. Absolutely nuts.

In a matter of a few days they have totally ruined their name that was built up over a decade, this is a watershed moment for CDPR and definitely not for the better.

2 Likes

Still having a ball with it. Honestly don’t know who is dumber, kids buying it on the old tech expecting it to run well or CD Projekt Red for trying to hide the obvious.

Fair play to the Sony though they made the only smart decision out of everyone.

1 Like

When was the original release date? April? Before the next gen consoles? Yeah pretty sure. Did they sell specific Cyberpunk SKU’s on the then current gen consoles? Yep pretty sure, did they say it works on that gen as it was you know, for that gen at release date? Yep

Kids are dumb though.

I’ve played it on the series x and my gaming Pc and its just as shit like the majority of people and everyone I know who refunded also.

Cyberpunk, or whoever decided the game was ready when it was released are the only dumb ones.

1 Like

The smart play by CD Projekt Red would have been to see that they we’re releasing the game during a generational transition and set the date back to around January for the next gen consoles. They could have released PC in December and that would have been fine. Don’t get me wrong this is entirely their fuck up and they’ve hurt themselves massively but at the same time their share holders and the whingey gaming community were putting huge pressure on them to release the game, another delay would have tanked their stock.

Now for me personally the plan was always to play this game on a next generation console regardless of the release date because I know what my PS4 was like, the thing could barely open messages towards the end. Now to me all the kids that are crying their eyes out about the game were naïve and expecting too much from their old generation consoles, open world games are notoriously buggy and hard to run- it stands to reason that Cyberpunk would really be a game that needed to be played on decent tech.

On Reddit there is a subreddit called lowsodiumCyberpunk and it shows loads of people running the game on new consoles and optimized PC’s and having a great time, yes there are still bugs and crashes but it looks great and plays fine. Whereas the official subreddit is filled with kids crying because their dusty ass old consoles can’t handle one of the most expansive open world games to ever come out. I don’t understand where the common sense is.

At the end of the day they’ve got their refund, they need to get over it and move on, buy a new PC/Console, wait for the next generation upgrade or let a few patches come live. The gaming community just seems to love being cry-babies over much about nothing.

1 Like

:100: it was becoming like the GTA V memes. Every cyberpunk thread, article, tweet etc… was just people whining about the delay.

3 Likes

These constant 3-6 months delays are so suspect.
CDPR delayed the game 3 times in a year.
Don’t know in what utopia these guys were living in.
They just ain’t Rockstar Games. :eyes:

1 Like

They just been too ambitious for their own good.

Witcher 3 was an amazing game.

With Cyberpunk they pushed the envelope. However, should have never been released on older consoles.

1 Like

Perhaps CDPR management is owned and run by Kroenke & Co?

Incompetent to the max with this release.

1 Like

Meh it’s to be expected and while the PC and PS5 have some bugs it’s mainly players PS4 players complaining. The CPU is a pile of shit and bottlenecks it’s already weak GPU. The games too demanding for the system

1 Like

Haha though even though cyberpunk has some shit flaws I can still enjoy it, can’t say that about Arsenal these days.

Spot on I honestly don’t know what else people expected lol.

2 Likes

The only thing enjoyable about Arsenal these days is the banter and self mockery.