Upcoming Video Games

Though she’s tweeting to be contraversial for attention whereas there’s nothing contraversial about thinking the scalpers are scumbag cunts.

3 Likes

Not sure why people still think consoles and gaming are for kids anyway, the largest demographic for gaming is the 21-50 year olds which make up like 50-60%. Our age bracket and the one just ahead is what made gaming what it is today.

1 Like

This year has been massive for gaming, I’ve talked to a lot of people who just never dived into it before giving it a go due to lockdown and they were blown away.
Imagine going from Wonder Boy to God Of War on PS4.
Honestly, there have been some real bangers the last 3-4 years but 2020 for all the shit it has produced, has been a “game changer” for gaming.

1 Like

8 Likes

You should check out /r/choosing beggar for shit like this on Reddit.

Lots of “please sell me X Item for a 99% discount because it’s Christmas and my kids want it”. Fucking insanity.

3 Likes

Got my switch, ps5 and xbox series x.

Managed to buy a lot of PS5s and XBOX Series x so I’ve gotten my consoles for free and managed to make a fair bit of profit. Hoping to end up £2.5k up once they all get here and the resale values hold up.

Couldn’t care about folks whining or their kids Christmas being ruined and that they couldn’t get one. Information is power. If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

1 Like

Hasn’t posted in ages and comes to flex about selling consoles :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Wasn’t the intention but why not lol. Wanted to balance the anti scalp bias haha.

Have you just been selling them on Ebay?

I spoke to a few smaller retailers who said they got over half their intended allocation because something happened in their production line. I also think Sony mugged the European regions and prioritised shipments to the U.S. because its more contested over there with Xbox whereas in Europe its pretty much playstation strong hold. Gaming politics.

Facebook market place. No fees etc and better communication system.

2 Likes

Gotcha - so you basically reached out to several small, independent electronics retailers in your area, got your pre-order in and then flipped them on Facebook marketplace. Nice one, pretty entrepreneurial to be fair.

How much over the RRP are people willing to pay?

In the US it’s double on PS and xbox series x—$500 gets you $1000

I’ve sold three xbox-s and one ps5, kept one for myself and got one more ps5 on the way I’m going to sell.

That’s quite the profit, thanks for the insight. Quite a revelation.

Edit: I suppose the lesson here is never to underestimate human psychology haha

1 Like

Alert: don’t buy CoD Cold War, it’s shit on all levels.

Graphics—shit
Gameplay—shit
Story & Dialogue—shit

Multiplayer—meh
Zombies—don’t know haven’t played it but doubt it’s good

Stop jerking the scalpers off Cristo, I’m sure they’ll sell you one if you pony up.

1 Like

Yeah, a bit annoyed I didn’t think of this.

I didn’t think many people would pay over the odds then again I’d hate to named and shamed for gouging people

1 Like

Not quite - i’m a gamer, I know I want a console and when it’s the launch you need to preorder. I just pre-ordered everywhere. Money to be made. Generally, those who are real gamers have mostly preordered and are contempt. Those that were half-hearted have missed out.

Also, leading up to launch there were many articles stating the reduced supply and that it’s the festive season. Mayhem waiting to happen, money to be made.

I didn’t contact local retailers for my preorders because they tend to get less units compared to the big boys.

I just contacted them to get an understanding of how long the supply constraint would be to better price my consoles for resale.

2 Likes

Yeah if I’d had known people were stupid and desperate enough to pay 100% over asking price I would happily have gotten in on this racket haha

I thought we were talking maybe £100 on top - like I said, don’t underestimate people I guess.

@Naweed

Yep fair, that all makes sense. Were you at any point worried that Facebook marketplace or any other platforms would regulate resales immediately after launch or were you not worried about being stuck with thousands of £ worth of stock you couldn’t flip?

Not worried at all. It’s not something they would do or generally have much control over. Free markets and all that. It’s a 0 risk strategy - the worst that happens is that I just return the console and won’t lose my money.

2 Likes