Upcoming Video Games

Indeed. I can maybe see the odd bundle which will save you some money but that’s about it.
Sony has no reason not to follow Nintendo’s footsteps and keep that price locked while demand is high.

The main thing tempting me is the loading times. Some of the videos from Spiderman I’ve seen are unbelievable.

But I have all the games I need on PS4 right now, ps5 is still quite expensive and the games on there aren’t must-haves yet.

That’s another thing. I like to wait 6-12 months when a new console comes out to let the games actually drop for it. Cyberpunk 2077 could be the type of game that actually gets me to go out and buy the PS5 though.

1 Like

Yeah there’s no way I’m getting that on PS4, it’ll melt my launch console.

1 Like

Yeah same haha My PS4 is 6 years old and has started making some crazy noises when I play CoD Warzone so I definitely don’t think it could handle Cyberpunk 2077 without causing a housefire.

2 Likes

My PS5 came today. Been testing out the haptic feedback on Astro World. Like @Castiel said, honestly it’s bloody amazing. The feedback the controller gives you feels like youre in the game.

Still waiting for the rest of my games to transfer over from the ps4. Might go out and collect a game or two!

3 Likes

Is it £350? I thought with it being $499 stateside we’d see prices of £400+ I didn’t see the prices actually! Think ill still wait it out my ps4 has some legs on it yet, or would you recommend selling it sooner than later?

@Midfield_Maestro is pes 2020 digital copy one I could transfer over? I haven’t looked into it all too much really

If you mean transfer data…of course. Have your ps4 and ps5 hooked up to the same network and it even prompts to transfer everything over during ps5 setup.

My favourite part of Astro

There’s also a little Solid Snake sneaking about in a cardboard box.

2 Likes

Yeah basically I know some physical games are backwards compatible was wondering if this digital one was, I can’t find any information anywhere. I know 21 is just don’t know if 20 is

Yes it is. Pretty much all games are tbh.

1 Like

Nothing beats upsetting a Spurs supporting Karen. Well done everyone who bought one on release :clap:

7 Likes

Kids wouldn’t even appreciate it anyway. If they are still at the age where they believe in Santa an old generation and a bag load of games would be just as good.

Though when I was younger I worked in a toy store at Xmas time and the sheer privilege people feel for themselves and their children around this time of year is actually unsettling and gratuitous.

Will be even worse this year, with so many laid off the pressure to keep up appearances on this nonsense capitalist holiday will see so many go into debt.

I like the idea Christmas but shit like this is not what it’s about. Honestly though, imagine actually thinking a fucking toddler could appreciate this masterpiece of tech, silly bitch.

9 Likes

@Midfield_Maestro seems to be doing just that?

My parents never, ever would have considered dropping 500 grand on a present for me. Would probably do these spoiled little shits some good to fuckin wait for a bit.

5 Likes

Cristo Life

1 Like

Fuckin’ @ ME, BRO

Also when did 500 grand come to mean 500 and not 500,000

3 Likes

Would love the PS5 and considered pre-ordering, but I prioritised a car. I’ve never bought a console on release. I’d love to see a slimmer version in a year. Really miss having a playstation. Still have the PS3 but it’s just collecting dust. Guess I’ll have to stick to the Switch for now. Hopefully in 6-12 months I’ll be able to get the PS5.

3 Likes

My brain couldn’t decide between writing 500 quid and half a grand lol

5 Likes

No issue with adults picking them up at all but a huge issue with the lowlives that have managed to order 4/5 at once then stick most if not all on eBay for double the money. They’re the ones that Tweet could have made at least some sense about.

4 Likes