Upcoming Video Games

That looks sick bruh!

You will have to wait another year or maybe two before they release a “pro” version…

Wow the cyberpunk system specs are out an I carnt raytrace unless I replace my gpu with a Nvidia 3000 series

I Would have one of those if not for the stock :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I not long got a 2070 super so I carnt justify buying a 3000 series not like theirs stock anywhere

1 Like

You might be able to tweek the settings to play with Ray Tracing. There might be ray tracing settings you can tweek too potentially, at least there should be, ie rendering ray tracing in lower resolutions in order to get better performance.

For what it’s worth Steve from Hardware Unboxed doesn’t rate ray tracing. When you have reflections, it is impressive, but when you don’t he sums it up as ‘having slightly better shadows for a crippling effect on performance’

Surely not? This gen having Pro versions is up in there.
Most experts don’t think they’re gonna be ones as the last gen ones didn’t bring much to the table.
I do think we’ll see slimmer versions of PS5 though and with more storage too.

I’m fine with that

There would be no Pro or upgraded version in at least three years and PS5 is a significant upgrade from PS4 Pro so I don’t see the angle at all really

3 Likes

^^^This

1 Like

My god uncharted 4 remastered to 4K 60fps would be mesmerising

1 Like

Mine came today, the controller itself is just different class. I’m actually a little blown away by it, it’s like they took all the good be stuff from the previous model and improved on it massively then integrated fun ideas for it.

In one of the little tech demo games you’re walking into a sandstorm and you can feel the gritty texture through the dual sense. In another your ice skating and you can feel the little dude glide on the frozen ground.

I know it sounds mad but seriously it’s something you have to try to appreciate. Huge onus on game developers to make use of this fantastic technology. In terms of immersion it could be limitless in its application if developer’s apply the right imagination.

3 Likes

Yeah. My PS5 came on Thursday and it’s just a different beast.
So far I’ve played Astro’s Playroom and Spider-Man: Miles Morales, I’m just blown away. Astro’s is probably the best platformer I played in years and Spider-Man is the most beautiful game I played for sure.
That fidelity mode for Spider-Man is off the charts. I keep pausing for the photo mode to take screenshots.

ffs I want one as well now. Probably have to wait until February / March for new stock.

Guess it gives me time to sell my PS4 though…

2 Likes

Yeah, I hope Sony makes sure of that.
There’s a bunch of exclusives coming out in Q1 of 2021 and it’d be a waste not to get more people onboard for it.

2 Likes

Did Sony say why there’s so limited stock?

1 Like

I’ve seen response sonewhere from either Sony or Microsoft saying that they didn’t expect such high demand.
I think it’s fair to say COVID-19 didn’t help either.
I remember there was talk but bothing concrete about potentially delaying the new console releases (esp. XBOX after Halo got delayed) but here we are and they are both out.

If it makes it any better for anyone who hasn’t got one, there are some issues with both systems. I’ve seen many people report constant crashes and some have had their consoles bricked.
From what I’ve read this is mainly non-hardware issues that will be fixed in future updates.

Personally, I had my game(Spider-Man: Miles Morales) stuck 3 times and in 2 of the occasions I had to shut down the system entirely to fix it.
I didn’t have any massive issue like the reported ones where they have to rebuild their database often or sudden shutdowns.
For precaution, I still close every game off once I’m done and turn the system off too. I hope this is not the case in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Yeah now I’m getting jealous too but I know I won’t have a lot of time to play right now and I always prefer to wait 6-12 months to let all the software and hardware issues get sorted out.

Had way too many 360s RROD on me :joy:

I’m already seeing a lot of people on Reddit talking about their PS5 bricking on the first day and Sony saying they will have to wait 3 weeks for their replacement :joy:

Think I’ll just wait instead!

2 Likes

Yeah, I just can’t justify spending that much, I’ll wait a year til it’s cheaper, although like blink says could probably sell my PS4 easier at the moment, I have so many great games for it as well and all physical copies so I’m sure I could get around £200+ for it especially with 2 controllers

1 Like

The TSMC 7nm used to manufacture it is in short supply and is used to manufature PS5, Xbox X, AMDs graphics cards and CPUs. AMDs new graphics cards are also in short supply and they’re more profitable for AMD, so AMD will want to produce as few PS5s as it can get away with contractually because consoles are less profitable.

They probably could of priced it at £1000 and it probably still sells out

1 Like

At £350, I doubt that the PS5 will be any cheaper in a year or even 2, it’s a pretty low price point for a console.

The PS4 retailed at something like £500-550.

I think it’s about as cheap as it’s going to get for a while unless you buy used of course.

3 Likes