Looks so good!

1 Like

Reviews are out for ghost of tsushima looks like a solid day 1 buy

2 Likes

Mines en route :giroud3:

3 Likes

Was playing it last night with mrhappy the game is solid so far so good

1 Like

Glad to hear that itā€™s great. Looking forward to playing but need to finish the last off us 2 first

@JakeyBoy @Electrifying

1 Like

Barely looks better than the last 2 games tbh

Not what Iā€™m in it for.

Fair enough, Iā€™ve never for the most part developed the skillset for these games. I always end up commiting a massacre in order to win. Which doesnā€™t ring true with the theme

The new Total War Troy is free for 24 hours on Epic Game Store, starting sometime today

UFC 4 out tomorrow. Game looks like it has been targeted at a super casual market with massively downgraded graphics, but the career mode looks vastly improved.

AJ and Fury are in the game as well.

Best part of UFC games is making hilarious custom skins for your fighter

Strong rumours as of late suggest that XBOX may price Series X at 600 dollars(I guess theyā€™ll that to 550 pounds in the UK?).

Smart move or not? Anybody interested in buying it this year?

Itā€™ll cost at least $600 to make imo. The GPU in it costs 300-400, the CPU costs 150-250, the SSD will cost 50-100, the RAM will cost $70+, the board itā€™s wired on will cost at least 30-50.

Theyā€™ll have one without a Bluray drive, that will be cheaper.

Thereā€™s gonna be a Series S but it seems like that would be specifically used for xCloud. Wonā€™t be very powerful. Probably weaker than XBOX One X.
Feel like this console is destined to flop. I can see XBOX moving away completely from the console market after this.

2 Likes

550 quid with no games released for the first two years :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-01-11-dont-expect-first-party-xbox-series-x-exclusives-for-a-couple-of-years

1 Like

I dont really get this argument from a consumer point of view, they donā€™t want to force people to buy a 600 quid console to play games, the games will be available on the xbox store on the pc and the older gen xboxs.

Its massively consumer friendly.

Do you want the best console for first party and third party games? Buy this, but we are not excluding you for having a shit pc or older xbox.

Its a fanboy of argument that shouldve died when these adults were about 12 years old.

1 Like

The counter argument is that games games are held back to cover the older generations. Plus, add that game developers are going through hell trying to now optimize games for PC, PS4, PS5, XBOX Series X/S, XBOX One, etc.

Phil Spencer(head of XBOX) said itā€™s not a big deal but latest rumours suggest that even Halo Infinite suffered from this and thatā€™s one of the reasons of the delay to next year.

Thatā€™s almost been a thing since the dawn of pc gaming though. All their games are on the pc and they want to have the biggest install base possibleā€¦i downloaded flight simulator just to see how mad it was, the graphics can be low and look like a bunch of cheese or they can absolutely mind-blowing. Depending on how powerful the pc is.

Game developers going through hell happens at the start of every generation especially one coinciding with alot of studios closing due to covid, they will work it out soon enough. I remember the stories at the start of the console releases.

I personally donā€™t see the issue of not have exclusive content for one console immediately because its forcing avid gamers to spend over 600 quid in times of shit.

I make you right to a certain extent. Just seems very steep for an upgraded Xbox at a time where they do not have a lot to offer.

For the record I play my X1X (use for all multi-plats) more than my PS4 (use for exclusives only).

2 Likes