Upcoming Video Games

There’s an excellent Spiderman game, it wasn’t the one you bought :bellcry:

edit:heh .dk

1 Like

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I’ll give it a go tomorrow. I’ve got a four day weekend so you might have just improved it drastically.

You can download it on the PS store as well

Well this was also a classic spiderman game for playstation

3 Likes

Meanwhile Microsoft stores have let this slip

3 Likes

Jedi Star fighter is a classic

I’ve seen a bit more of the PS5, including a side by side shot of the digital only console and the one with a disc drive next to each other. The one with the disc drive just looks awful, it completely ruins all symmetry of the unit. Honestly think it looks fucking shite anyway, but the version with the disc drive is even worse.

Also, Rockstar you absolute bunch of cunts. GTAV came out two fucking generations ago ffs

2 Likes

I really think they should have made it purely digital with no disc drive even though it does lock you into having to pay full price for a game at release.

1 Like

I know I’m practically a luddite here, but I still like physical media. Or at least, I like to have the choice. I’m not willing to consider digital only at this stage.

Fucking games industry trying to finally destroy the second hard market which they make no money out of. Which is understandable, but as consumers I think we should push back. Not like the cunts aren’t making enough money off us as it is.

But you know, I bought a Talking Heads vinyl two days ago, alongside a Talking Heads concert film Blu Ray dvd, so I’m probably an outlier.

5 Likes

Vinyl are cool, I don’t personally buy them but I can see the appeal, obviously they are a bit hipsterish but there the kind of medium that will appreciate. Buying digital copies on the new generation will feel a bit like buying VHS at the birth of DVD. With Covid and everything I think the idea of game shops like CEX is going to burn out too a little bit.

Honestly the only thing that makes me buy digital is the fact that on release you can get a game for 35-39 quid, whereas the exact same game in digital form costs like 50-80 quid, which is mad because it’s literally just a file with no packaging production costs. Surely it’s better for the enviroment, safer in this COVID world and overall less of a fuck-on for developers/producers/manufacturers. Steam have been running great prices and sales on digital games for over a decade, I really think the console industry needs to follow suit.

1 Like

Tbh, my mindset is possibly a bit Xbox 360 still. I got that many years after release, and as a result was been able to build up a library of about thirty odd titles, because I was picking them all up for like five to ten quid in CEX, I think I spent over fifteen quid on maybe five titles tops lol.

To be fair, I’ve had the Xbox One for a year an a half now (I come to each gen pretty late) and Ive probably not bought many (if any?) of my games second hand, so that is probably me trying to stubbornly stand by an outdated principle I don’t benefit from.

But like you say, the pricing is a problem. I’ve seen games available brand new in physical form for like half the price of what it costs to digitally download it. I’m unlikely to ever want to take the game round a friends house to play it, lend them it or trade the game in at CEX, but why would I want to pay significantly more to not even have the option?

Also, and now perhaps more importantly than the above issues, I do want a blu ray player and don’t want to have an additional machine in order to do so.

1 Like

PlayStation store is starting to do some really nice deals on old games but yeah agreed I like having physical discs too. Especially if it’s like a steel book edition or something special.

2 Likes

Are you going to jump into this generation late? I’m incredibly hyped for the PS5 I can’t wait to spend whatever stupid price they set it at then sit around with no decent launch titles to play for like 2 years.

2 Likes

Definitely no way near as late as I was to either of the past two generations. I’m quite hyped for the next gen this time, and was thinking of buying one at close to launch, but even on Xbox One I’ve been used to buying titles quite cheaply and that won’t be the case here. How much do brand new titles even cost these days, like £50 to £60? That’s really gonna sting for me. I feel like it makes sense for me to wait a while, squeeze everything I can from the Xbox One catalgoue at fairly low prices (I feel I should probably be looking to get around three years out of it at least not just a year and a half), and wait for the price of the consoles to drop a little and for their respective catalogues to build up a bit (and decrease in price) before deciding which to buy (I feel like the trend in my mind with each day is me moving more towards PS over Xbox).

Not sure it’s worth me buying a console at launch at full price and then possibly not playing more than a handful of games over the first year or so, particularly if I can still play Xbox One games that are new to me for a little while longer.

Also, when I moved house last year the “in laws” gave us their old Samsung TV, which is not bad at all, but is not 4K. I was ready to spend on one, but I couldn’t excuse the outlay to the gf when there was a perfectly good telly going free and we still had moving and furnishing costs. There’s no point in me buying the next gen without a 4K TV, the lack of one means I’m not even getting the full potential from my Xbox One as it is already, so I also have to consider that I’m basically spending a grand all in one go if I buy the new gen around launch. Which is definitely doable if I tuck a little away each month, but hard to even justify to myself, let alone to my gf.

Truth be told, I think it will be something like the release of a new GTA that makes me bite the bullet and feel like I need to get on board. Cos atm my favourite game is Hitman, and the new one will be out on current gen too in January, so I’m not in the biggest of rushes just yet.

1 Like

Yeh the expense is massive like. I’ve actually just bought a 4k TV in anticipation and it’s wrecked the wallet, so the ps5 is going sting even more. I think there’s something nice about getting on the hype train early but if the PS5 is going to be like 500/600 quid then it’s really hard to justify.

But at the same time I’ve felt this generation has been dead for quite some time, it’s weird they are releasing games like FFVII remake and TLOU 2 right at the end of the lifespan. I’ll be in the same boat as you where I won’t be able to buy a new game every month but I do like the idea of paying for a title that feels like a next generation game.

Whereas every penny I spend on my PS4 at the moment feels like money spent on dead technology, -about 90 quid for the two previously mentioned games- even though this is mostly in my mind it feels like money wasted. But with that lack of of excitement I find myself struggling to finish games that I bought on sale for like 9 quid from the PSN store. It’s a bit of a weird mental block that I’m hoping the new generation will remove. More likely it’s just a sign of getting older.

2 Likes

Most likely will buy a PS5 around launch. XSX can wait though as they won’t be releasing any dedicated games for it for two years apparently. Which basically means you’ll be buying an X1X game that comes with a patch to install for the XSX which doesn’t sit well with me.

Also TV/monitor is everything. If you don’t have a UHD/4k telly then forget about it.

1 Like

I think PS5 will rectify it this time. Seems like they got a fine lineup ready at launch(and early 2021). They’ve hinted that they’ve got more games to show in the future(probably August).
XSX sticking old school by transitioning slowly within a year into next-gen exclusives. Personally, it makes it kinda pointless to jump the gun early on it given you can use your XBONE till 2021.

1 Like

Single-player campaign, cross-play and supports VR.

1 Like

Is that just a flying about, shooting stuff game? That’s something I haven’t played in a while and would like to.

I used to love Star Wars Rogue Squadron on the N64 and I was thinking the other day actually how much I loved Lylat War too