Upcoming Video Games

I can’t even begin to explain how exciting this is.

This is absolutely among the games that most warrant a remake/remastered version and I didn’t even realise it til right now.

1 Like

That’s fucking insane, I was just thinking the other day how I’d kill for a new Tony Hawk game.

I’m wondering how good these remasters will be though.

I’d love for a GTA Vice City remaster as well.

2 Likes

Metal Gear Solid is most in need of a modern remake (not the Gamecube one which is a mere halfway house in 2020). One of the best games the PS One ever saw, it’d be amazing if they just gave it fully modern controls and shooting mechanics. Would basically be the perfect game for me.

1 Like

Hell I’d settle for a GTA full stop.

These remasters are pretty lazy attempts to get money back imo.

Like fair play for some of them, but I’d rather an exciting new concept to a game every time.

1 Like

Rockstar pissed me off with the focus on GTAV Online and fucking microtransactions. I wanted a fucking DLC, take my money you bastards.

2 Likes

Just became what they used to satirise.

Moneygrubbing pricks.

GTAV is overrated and mediocre, I maintain this as people jizz all over it.

Like they haven’t played San Andreas, or Vice City.

Even IV, with its expansions is better.

I like them tbh, they’re great exercises in nostalgia for people of our kind of age. The Crash trilogy, Crash Nitro Kart, The Resident Evils, the remastered Abe’s Odyssey, this upcoming Tony Hawks.

It is a lazy way for them to make money no doubt, but it’s all good shit though and I’m up for more of it.

Though in the case of GTA, I agree with you, would much rather a new game than a remastered anything.

The next GTA is rumoured to be back in Vice City

1 Like

I am a hypocrite in that I’d love an MGS remaster and will buy the FF7 remake but that’s because I never got a chance to play those games.

1 Like

I actually can’t imagine my gaming childhood without those two games.

I’ve never played a Final Fantasy game… :grimacing:

1 Like

Oh wow, I mean they aren’t for everyone but they are all so different there is a little something for everyone as weird as that sounds.

Ffvii is one of the greatest stories ever put on console imo. I’d even rate it above Metal Gear 1. It was just such an epic in the truest sense of the word. I’m actually buying a new TV just to play the remake on.

1 Like

The Ballad of Gay Tony was INCREDIBLE

So overlooked, one of my favourite entries. So much ludicrous helicopter action.

3 Likes

TBOGT was better than anything in V.
TLAD was also pretty good, but the way the 3 stories intertwine is really well done.

The kind of storytelling V just didn’t have.

@Castiel that’s why I aim to make it right soon. Those clowns at konami would even know how lucrative an MGS remaster would be.

1 Like

I liked The Lost and The Damned generally, but there was just too much motorcycle bullshit, I really prefer to disregard bikes on GTA in favour of cars every time. To make it worse, half the time you had to ride behind the leader of your chapter and he was a fucking slow cunt.

TBOGT also had Omid Djalili voicing a key character as well right, was his name Yusuf? CBA to check, but he was a really funny character to be tucked away on a DLC.

1 Like

CC: EA

Glad BFV tanked

2 Likes

How would you guys rate the GTA games? Top to bottom. (Include GTA London in your ranks)

Yusuf was brilliant, I was thinking exactly of him when you mentioned TBOGT.

Was he not also in a mission in the base game you do for playboy X? Or just talked about?

The bodybuilder guy in the base game, Jesse I think was also a great character.

@DavidHillier

1. San Andreas
  2. Vice City
  3. IV (if you include the DLC)
  4. III
  5. V
  6. II

Out the ones I’ve played

2 Likes

The last one is at the top for me. Insane graphics, huge map and loved the three man story line aswell.

Vice City and San Andreas were good but they were of its time.

GTA 2008 was decent aswell. You could get absolutely fucked then try to drive :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

1 GTA ps1
2 vice city
3 San Andrea’s
4 gta v
5 gta 2
6 gta China tow
7 gta 4
8 gta 3

2 Likes