Upcoming Video Games

Best DLCs ever. ARAB MONEYđŸŽ”

2 Likes

I had GTA Chinatown Wars on the PSP, now I have a PS Vita and I’m considering spending fifteen quid on it from the PS store.

That was good fun, and basically has the feel of a 2.5D, cell shaded/cartoony version of the first two games. Well worth a look if any of you dabble in handheld gaming. I can’t remember who it was fairly recently who said they’d play GTA again when they went back to a top down old school view, maybe it was @Jules? Well whoever it was, this is the closest you’re ever likely to get I’d say. It’s like the original GTA with just a tiny hint of GTA 3 in how it looks.

I’ll try it with Bluestacks, see if I can get it to work on my PC.

1 Like

Very close close for me.

Out of the ones I played:

1. San Andreas - couldn’t stop playing
  2. Vice City - got me really hooked in the franchise
  3. V - could possibly still be the best game available right now, fantastic experience. Online is really sweet too.
  4. IV - Niko!
  5. III - One of the first 3D open world games I played.
3 Likes

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 will be my first purchase on the new PS5 when it launches in September.

Cannot. Wait.

Don’t think they announced it for PS5, but I believe the PS4 version should work on PS5 if it’s fully backwards compatible.

Tony Hawk’s tweet said PS5
I think.

Will definitely be on those consoles as native-versions though.

Haven’t seen any next-gen mention yet.
I just hope PS5 is fully BC with PS4 games as they still haven’t been clear about it.
Series X did clarify BC capabilities better.

1 Like

I feel they think that was more impressive than it actually was.

3 Likes

saw this pop up on youtube last night and can’t wait to play it, I never actually played on the first game but pro skater 2 is my favourite tony hawks game by far, especially the warehouse level

It’s a shame the last tony hawks game a few years ago sucked, so buggy and glitchy but this makes up for it, looks as if they want to compete with this new skater xl game coming out

If they bring out a Dave Mirra remaster then we’re talking baby

1 Like

Thought it looked pretty cool.

Fucking annoying that all the video platforms are nerfing the resolution of their videos though.

But yeah, I’m not convinced the graphics will be that much better on the PS5 as to warrant the £600 price tag or whatever haha

I watched this and it’s a bit more impressive

But things like this are always very misleading, I remember years ago watching the likes of Watch Dogs and The Division demos and being blown away, the released product was totally different story to the tech demos.

We’ve had amazing graphics for years, especially in stand alone compartmentalised teasers. I want to see that level of detail in full games on the PS5 tbh.

7 Likes

The graphical jump gets smaller every generation. Developers early on cant get the most out the hardware anyways.

8 Likes

yeah and it’s UE5 that is the new stuff here rather than PS5, devs have barely used UE4 for more than a few years. But I think some of it looks amazing :heart_eyes: and promising.

Look at this thing:

But as you say Elec, bar a few pilot titles, with previous UEs it has taken like 5 years every time before devs started getting the real juice out of them. I remember watching those apartment demos back when UE4 was sort of new, these things:

bar the camera work/renderer which is clearly choppy there (on a 780ti card lol) it still looks pretty good, and then you compare to say FFVII remake which made now in the same engine, based on how long UE3 was good enough (some titles are still made in it like Mortal Kombat 11) you’d expect UE4 to still be the go-to engine for a while.

What people are talking about UE5 apart from how good it looks, it’s that it will lower the workload of the developers.

2 Likes

Apparently, this was gonna be a fully playable demo that was to be showcased in Sony’s GDC event for PS5(which was cancelled due to COVID).

Sony does have a good tracking record on turning tech demos into actual games so you never know.
Another win for Sony it appears, and potentially a partnership with Epic at some point? :eyes:

XBOX really needs to show something more in the upcoming months.

Epic CEO hyping up PS5’s SSD.

The storage architecture on the PS5 is far ahead of anything you can buy on anything on PC for any amount of money right now

This one is fucking infamous haha, absolute disgrace that was.

3 Likes