Upcoming Films & TV

First look trailer for Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse Part One dropped recently. Nothing special but I am very excited about the film’s mere existence.

As if I wasn’t already excited enough about No Way Home.

6 Likes

Really quite wanna see this… Latest offering from PTA.

2 Likes

These words send a chill down my spine, regardless of the film.

Also the words “prequel” and “sequel”.

2 Likes

I saw the trailer for that.

Looked absolutely awful, but each to their own I guess. Hope you enjoy!

@Persona I have recently watched a few of Wes Anderson’s films, I like him and I’m tough customer when it comes to film :sweat_smile: how do you feel about him?

1 Like

Really? I think it looks cool in a very niche arthouse sort of way.

Did you know the kid in it - the boy - is Philipp Seymour Hoffman’s son?

1 Like

I like him. Quite a lot.

Bottle Rocket
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
Rushmore
Royal Tenenbaums

And French Dispatch looks like it’s gonna be another corker.

(I tried Isle of Dogs but I just couldn’t do it. Meh, for me.)

1 Like

Yeah I have a friend who watched The French Dispatch, said it was great, I’ll wait til I can see it at home eventually :slight_smile: I liked Isle of Dogs though, possibly one of his weirder films I suppose. I watched his Fantastic Mr. Fox or something (2009) which is in the same style as isle of dogs though, and it was on the other hand a bit meh for me.

1 Like

Just booked tickets for the midday showing of No Way Home on opening day. Felt frivolous taking a day off work on the 15th of December with leave booked in already for Xmas, but I stopped and thought about it, and concluded that it was justifiable as I’m more excited about seeing Spider-Man than I am my family at Xmas.

First time I’ve ever seen a film on opening day. Hype.

5 Likes

I went to see Venom 2 on the opening night and it was the busiest cinema showing I’ve been in absolute years it was absolutely rammed with no seats to spare :joy:

I had no idea what it was about.

Looked like Oscar bait imo

I got mine booked for 9pm so can go straight after work. Still gutted their isn’t a midnight showing.

Should have just called in sick mate, but fair play I appreciate the dedication to a film. I’ve done the same and taken a day off to watch the Avengers Endgame in the cinema.

1 Like

It’s about a coming-of-age tale between a 15-year-old boy and his friendship/romantic interest in an older woman in the 1970s. The girl, despite appearances, IRL is about to be 30.

Oh right, damn

1 Like
1 Like

Yes.

4 Likes
2 Likes

The first one of these was great, the second was absolute shite. This looks somewhere in between.

1 Like

The second one was so awful I considered walking out.