Upcoming Films & TV

This looks so very bad. It baffling that we’re still doing white lady savior stuff in 2021.

On the topic of legal drama have you see Goliath with ‎Billy Bob Thornton ?

1 Like

Watched the first two seasons. The first is real good, the second was a bit :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2: So I didn’t bother with the third.

1 Like

Fucking fantastic first season.

I started the second season and then got sidetracked.

BBT’s character is totally implausible in real life imo but that’s why it’s fiction.

2 Likes

Yeah the writers got bit carried away in season 2 and 3.

I like the premise of season 3 but season 2 was downright wacky.

Season 1 was close to perfection in terms of writing and execution

2 Likes

I loved season 1 but honestly season 2 was shit and it totally put me off the last season. Is it worth the watch?

If you haven’t seen Fargo I’d highly recommend it. Pretty much anyone who’s seen it could vouch for how fucking good Billy Bob Thornton is in it.

That’s assuming you haven’t seen it!

1 Like

I’ve been hooked on Fargo since S1 :joy:

The season just gone by was solid. Credit to Chris Rock and Jessie Buckley for their performances

1 Like
2 Likes

Damn that looks awesome. Other than being a little too heavy on CGI bad guys and Will Smith chewing the scenery as Deadshot I absolutely, unapologetically loved the first one.

It’s so silly and fun and honestly what a popcorn comic book film should be like. I’m so hyped that this one looks to be even more over the top. Margot stole the show in the first one but her stand alone film fell flat for me, I think she works best in an ensemble cast and I really like Gunn as a director.

Between this and Mortal Kombat I actually have a few fun popcorn films to look forward to this year.

1 Like

There were miscast all through that movie and he was the biggest for me. Was trying to hard to be cool and it just didn’t land for me at all. Bad Boys was a long time ago.

Sorry I’m super tired and misread your post, thinking that you had mistaken Idris Elba for Will Smith :joy:

1 Like

Haha, actually a lot of people liked Will Smith in the role so I was expecting someone to question that.

I actually love Idris Elba though and think he’s a genuinely cool guy and gear actor, would have much preferred his profile as Deadshot than Will Smith, but he looks great in this role in the new one.

1 Like

What’s your take on Will Smith portraying Superman?
I believe he was offered the role for Superman Returns but he turned it down.

I’m just not a Will Smith fan tbh, I don’t think he has a great range as an actor and if he were to play Superman I’d just feel like I’m watching Hancock 2.

5 Likes

Seriously?

Even the roles where he’s trying to be emotional are crap.

The pursuit of happyness. What a load of shite.

3 Likes

Exactly man. Also I reckon he’s a bit of a twat, no way you raise kids as far removed from reality as his without being a bit of a Hollywood bellend.

6 Likes

I’m not a Will Smith fan at all, actually think he comes across as a bit of a twat, but…I did love Pursuit of Happyness.
Love a true story, and thought he was pretty good in the role, for me this is his best film.

1 Like