Upcoming Films & TV

No chance. Bradley Coops has best actor wrapped up :sunglasses:

1 Like

Any Which Way But Loose?

Seriously though, did he win for Unforgiven?

I thought he did for Unforgiven too.

I don’t know who would’ve won it that year, then. Kevin Costner? For Dances with Wolves?

Al Pacino for Scent of a Woman.

Ergh. I remember watching that shite. A blind bloke who shouts a lot.

Alf Garnett could have done better

Just checked cinema listings for this weekend. It’s not out yet in spite of imdb saying 14/12/18.

I hope it’s just delayed release in the UK and not one of these that are shown in limited screenings :pensive:

1 Like

Yeah it says March in the Netherlands. Gutted as I thought December too

Jordan Peele’s new horror film

Looks like we can expect a Sopranos prequel movie at some point no date released but the script has been bought. Shame it couldn’t have featured the big man himself.

I loved The Grand Tour’s history lesson on this (they’ve done some great ones on TG and TGT like Lancia, Quattro, Senna etc) and now I’m looking forward to this…even though it’ll probably be meh.

3 Likes

Just watch the original bro.

LeMans starring Steve McQueen. Much more your kind of film.

1 Like

Saw it quite a while back, felt much more raw and real than most other films about motorsport. But, I don’t think it was about this specific story, was it? Ford trying to buy Ferrari when they were having troubles, old man Ferrari agreeing but then pulling out over a small disagreement (Enzo wanting to keep control of the racing side of things), making Ford pissed and vowing revenge by building a car to dick Ferrari at Le Mans.

2 Likes

Oh my mistake, I always thought that film was based on that story.

This is fucking brilliant!!

Looks shit especially when you have Enzo Ferrari so low down in the credits. Another Hollywood pro American propaganda bollocks.

1 Like

Can see it now…opens with Enzo in an office with some Italians and loud yanks. Enzo finds clause that annoys him, becomes stereotypical shouty-handsy Italian. Rest of film has only silent distant shots of him.

Although, tbf, cast lists on IMDb don’t really matter much, he could have a decent role.

1 Like

The real reason we’re not seeing Ozil play much recently, is he’s been too busy casting for the Enzo role :ozil2:

2 Likes

For me this is the film that marks Pacino’s decline into mediocrity. From this film on all does is shout.

3 Likes

Yeah, fucking shite performance.

Aside from some select performances his career seems to be mostly based on shouting and chewing scenery, as much as I love him.

If you watch Scarface fairly objectively, it’s a pretty embarrassing performance, painfully over acted in literally every scene.

2 Likes

Yeah I love Al Pacino but I don’t think he ever had a better performance than the first two Godfather films. I loved him in Carlitos Way too. But he was flawless in Godfather I and II.

SCARFACE is a grossly overrated film and it was, as has been said, painfully overacted.

1 Like