Unpopular football opinions

I actually far preferred watching all 3 you mentioned there than Rosicky. I think at their highest level they were all better in an Arsenal shirt than Rosicky was at his best.

Though it’s a little unfair to put Cazorla in there as he was not all a superb technician but also brought his A game every time he stepped onto the pitch. When I really think about it Cazorla was probably one of the only attacking players that truly never dissapointed in our recent years. Was a shame we nearly killed him with our shit med staff.

Though SD this is a great unpopular opinion and isn’t just controversial for the sake of it, genuinely sparks a decent debate to be had.

1 Like

There is something about Rosicky running around in a slightly too big shirt flailing his arms that makes me all warm inside :grin:

Agree they’re not the same role really. Ljungberg played in the most well-oiled unit we ever had at Arsenal during my time as a fan and that midfield was of course crazy good, we’d go to United, line up against their “legendary midfield” take the battle head on 100% at every chance given and beat it and win. Pretty epic that.

The trio of Cesc, Rosicky and Flamini was charming in a different way though.

3 Likes

Someone tell @Mysty Rosicky is being discussed!

I think Rosicky is a bit tainted by that spell he had where he was relatively fit, but clearly past his best. I don’t know the exact date but I’d say pre-2010ish and post-2010ish were different players but he stuck around for a good few years after that so that player sticks more in the memory over say, the Ljungberg that West Ham ended up buying out of his contract.

Rosicky was supremely talented, shame he got struck down with injuries so often.

1 Like

Our squad depth is one of the biggest we’ve had in recent years.

3 Likes

Wayne Rooney deserved his red card against Portugal in the world cup. It had fuck all to do with Ronaldo and the wink.

3 Likes

Did you by any chance watch Sky Sports last night? :smile:

Actually no. Came up in conversation in work.

Ahhh right. The Wayne Rooney and Gary Neill programme was on last night reflecting on Wayne’s career and they touched on that incident. Thought that was what may have provoked the memory haha

So back in your fucking box @CliftonGeraldi you lil bitch.

7 Likes
1 Like

I actually remember that game against Bayern, when he just broke into the team, he was actually very good, their CBs (including prime Boateng) struggled against him.
He had some talent for sure, but his body was just too damaged from all those early injuries.

2 Likes

I posted this about his cup final performance in the history thread

It’s a shame he never kicked on

3 Likes

That chaos factor :giroud2:

Or current no 9 is the opposite of chaos

2 Likes

Honestly drop it lads. Sanogo is as low as it ever was.
Donkeys lost love because of this prick.

4 Likes

Sanogo vs. Bayern > what Giroud would’ve offered

Cuéllar in 2013 or whenever the fuck that was = RIGHT

:pepe2: :pepe2: :unai: :wenger2: :wenger: :raul: :kroenke: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :torreira: :santi: :laca2: :chester: :cristo: :giroud2: :bellcry: :auba: :xhaka2:

3 Likes

Not missing the soap opera of the prem at all.
More interested in the survival of the lower League’s now.

1 Like

Same, and the human race.

3 Likes

Sonogo destroyed Klopp’s Dortmund in the CL, Laca has never even scored a CL goal for us.