Unpopular football opinions

A euro super league need to happen and it would be great for football

Yep, once it crashes and burns, we can maybe get some normality and fairness back to the sport without these greedy big clubs.

3 Likes

If we ever join a European Super League then it’s goodbye from me.

1 Like

Yeah let’s franchise it USA style :man_facepalming:t3: The CL is bad enough today by making the European football map uneven. A Euro Super League would kill history, culture and interest.

3 Likes

He posted it in the unpopular opinion thread for a reason :smile:

1 Like

You might as well codify what already exists in practice. The gap between the big clubs and the rest is bigger than it’s ever been.

A euro superleague allows us to remove the elements of unfair competition and remould what’s left into how Football should actually look with sensible competitive measures in place to ensure an emphasises coaching, training, youth development and grassroots football

But that’s only if you want football to be fair instead of rigged game corrupted by money we have today.

1 Like

Doesn’t mean it should go unchallenged :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I really hope it happens too.

It will be destined to be like CART or the XFL. I am sure of it.

Probably the way we’re heading (and have been for a while) which is still rather sad. It would sure be the easiest way of making football more even. Another more ethic way would mean that key figures behind the scenes in UEFA would loose money.

I guess a European Super League better happen ASAP while there’s a chance we’ll be included.

Aubameyang > Lewandowski

1 Like

Aubameyang is twice as dangerous as an inside forward in a 3-4-3 than if he played CF in the same formation. Lacazette is the ideal “false 9” type of CF for him to play off in this system (even though there are better versions of that CF out there).

1 Like

Wright >Henry

1 Like

Do you actually believe that? And if so please justify it

As an out an out goal scorer, I do agree with you…Wrighty was born to score goals…As a footballer, then I’m sorry, but it’s no contest…Henry was a class above…

2 Likes

Just the most complete finisher the clubs ever had.
Henry is the more complete player. Plus Wright excelled in a far inferior team, but proved his worth against a lot of top strikers at the time.

I’d kind of go with that to an extent. Remind me of Alan Hanson saying Henry ‘not a striker’. Except he can score goals most strikers can’t

1 Like

The only thing I would argue against this is,…I reckon that the best finisher we ever had was Anelka…He was a complete tool, and such a shame that he did not settle properly at any club, but he was absolutely sublime…I love Wrighty, and I agree that he was a unbelieveable finisher, but in my opinion Anelka would have left untouchable goal figures had he stayed at Arsenal for the same length of time that Henry did…

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Anelka was the epitome of clinical. It was just because Michael Owen was emerging at the time that Anelka’s meteoric rise was almost “buried” by the English media.

Such a good player. A shame he played for the shitty clubs he did after he left us.

1 Like

If Wright was through on goal, he’s more likely to score than Henry. Fantastic striker.

(This thread is beginning to sound like I’m tarnishing Henry’s great name now lol)

1 Like