Unai Emery

Why not?

Good ebening

1 Like

Ah was wondering when history would be rewritten.

The football under Emery was absolutely dreadful.

2 Likes

Oh it was dreadful for sure but more entertaining than what we see now. 🤷🏻

Was it though? I’m not entertained now and I wasn’t entertained then :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

We will never come to an agreement. For me it was, for you it wasn’t. C’est la vie 🤷🏻

Emery football was utter shite, no two ways about it. But this is utterly dreadful, next level stuff, haven’t we scored two goals in like eight games, one a penalty and the other essentially from a corner kick?

To say things are even worse now is hardly praise for Emery, just an accurate summation of where we are (imo)

2 Likes

Legohair is making Unai look like a top guy.

The board decided to go from mediocre to complete novice and now we reaping the rewards for it.

2 Likes

Couldn’t communicate for the life of him but almost got CL (I’m still pissed about his bottlejob but still).

Meanwhile super-clear communicator Arteta has us 15th. Levels to this.

12 Likes

Good ebening

1 Like

I need to apologize to Unai, always called him Anal…

He was not good for us, but much better than Arteta

1 Like

Miss this guy

1 Like

The #1 La Liga team at the moment is coached by a “complete novice” who most people have never heard of. Zidane was also a novice.

Emery was shit, and was proven before he joined to be average/shit. Arteta, who I didn’t really want, could have been good. This argument shouldn’t be difficult.

3 Likes

There is a gulf in class between Zidane and Arteta. Also Zidane was not a complete novice he managed Madrid B Team before.

And coulda been. Fuck coulda been. We are Arsenal. We should be hiring proper fucking managers.

2 Likes

Also…
As a player or whatever, sure Zidane has a better understanding of football that genius.
The way they see football and the game must be different. Sure Zidane sees more.
Real have more than good enough players to compensate the lack of abilities of the manager.
Of course, La Liga is like a 2 or 3 team league… unlike EPL, every game counts and every game is tough game.

1 Like

No it shouldn’t but u also have to take into account who did the hiring. Arsenal management are inept at their job so if they are hiring a nobody there’s a very good chance they were bamboozled in the interview process and sold a bill of goods.

4 Likes

A gulf in class in what sense? One had experience as an assistant and one as an assistant and as the coach of the reserves. If it’s about their qualities as players, then it’s obviously not relevant.

(btw, I was also talking about Real Sociedad)

Guardiola, Tito Vilanova and Hansi flick weren’t, according to your own definition, proper managers when they got their jobs.

Other than the first two, Barca mostly appear to focus on former players, who may have coached some mid-table sides before. Why care so much about the image?

No, I agree with this and I was worried about this when Wenger left. This is why I didn’t like how Emery and Arteta, for some bizarre reason, were the only options.

But still, a nice CV doesn’t guarantee that much. Emery had the exact profile many of the fans of this club wanted: Experience from top clubs and lots of titles won. Because those top clubs are Valencia, Sevilla and PSG (clubs people don’t watch), they just kept calling him a mid-table manager. :man_shrugging:

Giving the job to the wrong person is not an issue, as long as you just admit that you got it wrong. Just look at Bayern, Sevilla, and many, many others and you’ll see how many they’ve had during the last 10 years. Same for my own club in Sweden.

Of course, if every person you hire is a manager who is allowed to run the club, then it’s a big problem.

3 Likes

I think there should be one more thing to add on your list.
For the clubs/managers you mentioned, they have a “team” to work together.

When Vinai said the management group is just Edu, Arteta, Per, and him… then go fuck it.
At least 3 of them (maybe all 4) are not fucking qualified to coach nor manage.

3 Likes

No, I agree, and that’s why I can’t see the club going places, unless they find the next Wenger or Ferguson.

They don’t appear to be serious about wanting to change the structure of the club, as seen by how quick they were to promote Arteta.

3 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes