Unai Emery

Koeman will be sacked at Barca even before the Euros will start. He shouldn’t have taken that job.

The next elections are in February until then his job is safe I reckon. He’ll have Barcelona (still) sitting at mid-table. At least with the national team their was something to gain with a semi-final or something that.

2 Likes

More than anything this should show the state la Liga is in right now, and football in general.

1 Like

Diego passing has highlighted a lot this week for me.

1 Like

Unai must be chuckling seeing us struggling and doing worse than when he was here.

Meanwhile he is comfortably 3rd in La Liga.

4 Likes

Doubt he gives a shit. Got his payout and moved on, as it’s supposed to be.

7 Likes

128618842_10157488358676776_4895901269796627357_n

7 Likes

Comfortably is a bit of a stretch when Real has played a game less, Sevilla and Barcelona two…

I feel this post should be printed in economics books to teach kids about the law of diminishing returns.

4 Likes

There is no guarantee at all.
Experienced manager won’t guarantee success, and novice manager not necessarily destined to fail.
It is just probability. Higher chance to succeed or fail.
Also it is not a 1 + 1 question.
Will the manager get full support from the club and players?
Will he have enough funding to get whoever he wants or his hands are tied with tight budget?
Will his team deal with injury crisis?
So many factors involved.

2 Likes

Win or lose today. Unai was miles better than the imposter we have now managing the club.

Tell me again please how Arteta was ever a better pick then Unai?

One a complete amateur and one with experience and 3 EL wins which Wenger himself even never managed to win once.

I really couldn’t give a rats about Emery either, by the time he got sacked we were winless in about 7 games.

6 Likes

Yea but at least we played better and had some kind of a plan going forward now it’s pathetic corners, pathetic throw ins and pathetic football all over the pitch.

I just think both of them have been a steaming pile of shit at Arsenal, Emery would have come bottom half if he saw out last season and Arteta will finish bottom half this season.

9 Likes

We can only speculate. It was at the least more entertaining and we scored goals.

Now we had 18 crosses and 3 successful and 0 goals. :ozil:

He’s better than this but I can’t forgive him for that 1st season bottle job.

There’s a bigger question here about our players potentially downing tools.

1 Like

I dunno. Emery was probably shittier than Arteta, back in the Emery days we would concede a ton of possession and give up like 25 shots a match. This is really fucking boring but we don’t get dominated like we did under Emery. Both are shit tho agree @Aussiegooner half a dozen of one 6 of the other.

7 Likes

Emery is way better.
What was his lowest league position for us?
Arteta is the worst manager in the PL by a mile.

4 Likes

I’m certainly not going to reminisce over this guy lol

2 Likes