Unai Emery

This was what Wenger always emphasized… mental strength.

Remember that 22 game unbeaten run? I sure do.

What a manager.

7 Likes

Haha, perhaps the most pointless unbeaten run of all time.

6 Likes

How could I forget ? Probably a stretch of the most clinical finishing I can remember from a team in some time.

Once Mustafi did not play, our streak ended

The funny thing about is that as much as we all enjoyed not losing pretty much everyone must have seen we were riding our luck haha. We were winning games that we were getting battered in

1 Like

Yeah that has to go down as the luckiest unbeaten run in PL history. Everyone could see it was a house of cards waiting to topple.

2 Likes

Dood is really sitting 2nd in La Liga right now :joy::joy: holy shit man Arsenal are such a joke. Punchlines everywhere.

4 Likes

One mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Appears he’s gone back to his trademark 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 which brought him success at Sevilla

He failed at Arsenal, but he is still a good, established manager.

That’s how he played at Arsenal too? Towards the end of the first season and the beginning of the second, was when he began experimenting with a bizarre, dyfsunctional back 5.

1 Like

Yeah Torreira/Xhaka was his midfield pair, then he ditched that and started doing weird things.

His shape at Arsenal was flawed due to silly use of players, he shoehorned Laca and Auba into the 11 from the start another classic example is Torreira being licence to operate a B2B midfielder.

Yeah it’s really rubbing salt into the wound isn’t it.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just our players and gutless board.

Our players seem to have zero desire and motivation. Bunch of divas.

Glad Emery is doing well in La Liga. As he did before and won the EL 3 times in a row. I always liked the bloke.

We’re cursed.

Happy Anniversary lads :partying_face:

2 Likes

A year later we have a manager who has gotten off to an even worser start while Unai’s Villareal is sitting pretty in 3rd place :joy: All jokes aside, I’m happy for him.

13 Likes

Koeman is so fucking useless. Left us with De Boer for the national team and because of his current failings I have to read praise for Emery. Smh.

3 Likes