Unai Emery

Woah when was this. That’s some disrepect tbh.

Wouldn’t play for my club again if I were in charge.

Think it was aimed at the person Emery was following

Think that’s more aimed at the Everton guy

Know the feeling, brother

12 Likes

All things considered how far have they improved though.

They still won the title and French cup every season so what does it really mean?

Less of a force in the Champions League?
Oh boo-hoo. Cunts.

6 Likes

Yeah tbh I think it’s harsh people keep going on about it its in the past now let him live his life in peace ffs

Almost won the CL 2 years after he left.

Didnt PSG win the title by 30 points under blanc then came second under Emery lmao.

Not only that but consecutive quarter finals exits to consecutive round 16 exits under Emery.

Guy is a waste of space.

Hope he fails at his new club and his only job offer is in some dusty shit hole.

2 Likes

Didn’t we top the champions league group when he manage PSG and Wenger had a pretty crap arsenal team :thinking:

2 Likes

Big Aiden. What a player.

That’s so fucking rude.

Man I feel bad for Unai.

Meh, Unai very well made up for it by winning three Europa back to back so suck it Spartak.

Unai may be underwhelming but he has had an amazing career to be honest.

2 Likes

I agree given how talented he’s as a manager his career is astounding.

2 Likes

Managers would kill to have this sort of managerial achievement.

First managerial outing, promotion to Segunda.
Took Almeria to La Liga promotion.
He had consistent top half finish with Valencia & Sevilla, and I am sure he will do well with Villareal.

Yeah as much as I’m anti-Unai, 3 UEFA Cups with the same team is still an achievement and the kind of achievement that 99% of managers will dream of.

Think of how many professional managers there are out there that literally go an entire career without winning anything aside from the odd league promotion.

He also had a couple of good seasons with Valencia where they gave Real and Barca a run for their money before they sold Villa, Mata and Silva.

Like, he was shit and underperformed with PSG and Arsenal but he definitely has his merits and has won more as a manager than the vast majority of managers.

3 Likes

He didn’t win the cup 3 times with Sevilla. It’s their cup. They won it 3 times with him.

And no it’s not the same thing :smirk:

2 Likes

might honestly to a large degree be a language barrier with the vampire. Not that he is world class without it, but respectable. I guess a stint at another Spanish club will give us an indication if that was the case all along.

2 Likes

He is a good coach for a europa league team, as Thiago Silva said.

Now we are a Europa League team, but we do harbour some intention to be above that.

1 Like

Have they won it without him though??