Unai Emery

Just tired of this formation concern… since the birth of “false 9”

1 Like

False manager, I’m afraid.

2 Likes

The most generous interpretation of events is this.

Raul has agreed with Enrique that he’ll take the job but Enrique has asked for a couple more months to grieve following the tragic loss of his daughter. So Rauls just buying time until Enrique is ready to start early in the New Year. By then Enrique will still be grieving (it never ends when you lose a kid) but he’ll be through the initial floods of tears and ready to start a new challenge.

I don’t know if Enrique will be good with us but it will certainly be a step up on Emery.

Good ebening and adios.

Erm, not quite sure how to read this bit :confused:

1 Like

Any manager who uses world class strikers to chase opposition full backs can get the fuck out of my club tbh.

3 Likes

:arteta:

I love Arsenal lol. This club’s commitment to clownery and banter is unmatched.

3 Likes

What is the difference when people are asking Ozil, one of the best attacking midfield to track back and to press consistently, and make this as a standard as a midfielder for Arsenal?

KDB and Sterling do both them things.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

@Calum the guy behind that account was on Fridays Arseblog. I think I remember you saying you only listen to the Monday one at some stage.

2 Likes

That was a pretty good little segment too!

Reading his blog this morning and my oh my it makes for a depressing read. We have a 17% chance of reaching top 4 this season, if metrics are to be believed. We’re essentially waiting for anyone not named Man City or Liverpool to implode in an enormous fashion.

I find the Arsenal leaks from inside futile because at some point or other, they will have to bite the bullet and send Emery on his way. I find it exceptionally difficult to see how he re-emerges as the Phoenix and somehow revitalises this Arsenal squad and bounce them into where they need to be.

I think they’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now but by Christmas, he’s gone.

2 Likes

I seen that and was gonna listen but forgot haha cheers for the reminder!

I do actually occasionally listen to it on Friday if I like the guests now so I have changed my mind slightly from that last post :joy:

2 Likes

That’s why I’m.so calm now.

After the Leicester game, even if the board are dumb enough to actually want him to stay, the fan atmosphere will make them sack him soon enough.

It’s all very good and well to say, ‘we won’t give in to noise’ but they wanted Wenger to stay on the surface until the fans stopped going and he got the sack pretty soon after.

1 Like

you can only list out some, a few, NOT ALL players, majority do

Another diss track dropping soon :ozil:

Poor guy.

This whole thing has descended into farce, might as well enjoy it.

2 Likes
10 Likes

KDB and Sterling arent strikers. Imagine Pep playing both Aguero and Jesus and telling them both to chase down the full backs all game lol. No chance of counter attacking, leaving the strikers fucked after 45mins. Absolutely small dick defensive tactics.

Its the same plan Jose did at the Nou Camp against Barca years ago, but this was peak Barca and Inter were defending a lead. You don’t do this from the start of the game lmao.

1 Like

Neither is Ozil that’s why the comparison was with them two.

1 Like

There are some attackers (strikers/attacking midfielders/wings) that could run all game long, pressing all game long, come back to help defense and tackle all game long, but you can only name a few, JUST A FEW.

They are your dream players, but not the standard of most players.

1 Like

Sorry I thought your post was in response to mine.

Dunno why Ozil was brought into it seeing as he’s not a striker.

1 Like