Unai Emery

The team is a reflection of the manager.

It’s all on him, he can’t coach an attack or defence that much is clear. Which begs the question what in the blue hell he’s actually bringing to the table.

He can coach a attack and defence that’s why we play well in the EL. What he can’t do is get his head around the style and tempo of play needed for the prem

We play well in the EL because we’re consistently up against farmers.

That means sweet FA in the context of the league.

Not the top flight of teams in the EL but farmers…
Roma
Porto
PSV
Frankfurt
Saville…

Farmers is a heavy word, but in overall, the teams that you listed are not powerhouse either.

Not sure any farmers want to be associated with the bottom one.:shushing_face:
Bob,ll fix it.

1 Like

No not power houses or they would be in the GL but still games we need to win and doing it convincingly.

We don’t have cohesive attacks or defend as a unit

Well whatever Emery’s doing in the EL it’s working.

1 Like

Letting Ljungberg take charge?

I guess so :henry2:

Not sure about that but yes in the prem

1 Like

Resting Xhaka

1 Like

Don’t forget the difference in quality tho. Frankfurt, maybe, but Standard doesn’t get into the top 10 in the Premier League.

1 Like

Don’t tell me Raul, you did not expect him to finish in top 4.

I really hope there is more to it than just “top 4”. This is about extending or not, not firing.

1 Like

With Man U and spurs fighting to see who can throw away their season the quickest and with only Leicester showing any form of the others that were supposed to be challenging, like Everton and Wolves, Emery must get a top four finish.

Also, he should have Bellerin and Tierney in the first team, as well as Lacazette back from injury so there really is no excuse.

If we get top four and start playing more convincingly, then maybe he might get another season, but not getting CL football would mean we have to look for someone else.

1 Like

Said it last season and will say it again. I want to merit qualification with hope of a bit of a CL adventure.
I’m quite relieved to see we are not in this season’s competition as we’d clearly be heading for further embarrassment.
Had enough of being laughed at in this. Want to get back in it building a reputation for quality football and aiming to get some pedigree.
He needs to find some style and substance to this teams performances.

4 Likes

To me this reads ‘Emery gets a new contract if he gets top 4, he doesn’t if we don’t’.

I’m in 2 minds over this. Most fans think he should go regardless if the football doesn’t improve. I believe the football has potential to improve with Bellerin and Tierney back. We have to accept we’re a wingback system now.

Right now we’ve had the 3rd or 4th best run of results behind Liverpool, City and arguably Leicester.

Chelsea look to be playing with the most potential out of the other teams, more so than us.

United seem to be the most clueless right now but have Martial coming back at least and they do plan to build around him.

Spurs are going through a period of low morale so it’s almost a pity the international window has come when it has. In theory he might turn it around

2 Likes

Vertonghen may have more fvck feast with someone’s wife/gf during this international window instead…

Anyway, with the 2 wingbacks playing again, we should be improved as a team, and getting better results. I agree with that.
As you also said, fans, including me, want to see better football.
Top 4 is a must, and also need to consider the quality of football we play, to determine if Emery should stay or not.

2 Likes