Unai Emery

Emery should have a free hit now as what ever happens he’s out the door in June 2020 for Allegri

We probably need CL to attract him though, so not quite

I know some people are strangely not sold on Allegri but if you do the homework on his career he’s the perfect manager for Arsenal.

I just google’d his name and this is first thing there:

Massimiliano Allegri: The perfect manager for Chelsea

:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t think EL would be an issue, I think most managers would prefer to build rather than maintain. The question of resources would be more problematic, does self-sustainability model speak to Allegri? I’m not sure

In any case I think Emery has the ability to secure CL next season depending on how the summer goes. I don’t fear Chelsea, Spurs or United tbh

1 Like

I swear to god if we don’t qualify for the CL this season I’m gonna go fucking nuttttttts.

I can’t handle this season back in this dead competition let alone 20/21 aswell :sob:

Emery has had his hands tied behind his back. His star player Ozil has decided to dedicate himself to Fortnite. He’s got fuck wit Mustafi in defence after Holdings injury. He didn’t have a proper right back to cover Bellerins injuries. The club could’ve covered those positions in the last transfer window but said they couldn’t buy anyone at all so they signed an injury prone diddy man on loan. Then his real midfield star Ramsey got injured in the run in so we hopelessly ran out of steam. The club refuses to sign a left back who can defend which you have to have at the top level. So they really have stuck it up him. No manager could’ve made a good fist of that. The defence has needed more reinforcements for years. Sure Sokratis helped especially given Koscielnys injury but the club must support the manager on this. If I was Allegri I’d run a mile from coming to work for Josh and Stan Kroenke given their lack of sensible stewardship and support for the club. All they do is suck funds out the club in loan finance and repayments and paying what money that remains on bad decision after bad decision eg 17m pay off to past it Wenger, 18m a year for Ozil to warm the bench, 10m a year on Mkhitaryan to be a squad player etc etc

4 Likes

The problem is if Emery somehow gets 4th place or wins the EL you just know we’ll give him a 3rd season, we aren’t the sort of club that’s proactive and ambitious enough to get rid of him due to a superior manager being available.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with that; if he got our target for this season, they’d probably keep him for a third.

Whether or not I’d agree with that will depend on what he shows me this coming season, but if Allegri was genuinely available to us we should absolutely be going for him no matter what.

I still think Europa would indeed be an issue, cause why would a manager of his standing want to waste even a season out of the CL when he’d have suitors in it? And yeah, the model is a potential stumbling block.

There’s a break clause in his contact after year 2 for a reason.

Let’s see if the new regime has actual balls. I can defienly see an scenario we walk away from Emery if we’re still shipping tons of goals and the football is terrible and we scrap top 4

The degree people go to defend Emery is just astounding. Did you suck his dick or something?

The team is not better with Emery. Stats are worse, and we’re leaking goals and struggling to create.

Blame it on Ozil playing fornite? You’re a joke

Bellerin’s injuries? He decided to sign Suarez instead of cover.

Maybe it is Wenger’s fault he picked such a shit line up against Crystal Palace to give away 4th

1 Like

The degree people go to attack Emery is just astounding. Did he suck your dick or something?

10 Likes

Did you get your money back for those charm school lessons? :grinning:

4 Likes

The only thing round here that’s behaving like a dick is you but don’t worry I don’t want to suck you.

1 Like

If Emery doesn’t make significant improvement this year, we can get rid of him and there’s at least 1 top class manager in Allegri who will be available.

6 Likes

I’m undecided about Emery I think he deserves more time to prove himself. Klopp didn’t have instant success at Liverpool, nor did Ferguson at United. Emery picked up a terrible squad especially defensively. They got 7 more points than last season and made the Europa final and before Holding and Bellerin got injured they were flying. They played better against the top teams also although the finish to the season starting with the Palace match was extremely disappointing. The Ramsey injury was the final nail in the coffin. What is clear though is to be successful he must replace Mustafi, get proper cover at right back, get a left back who defends and ideally replace error prone Xhaka and inconsistent Ozil and Mkhitaryan so that we have a more energetic and impactful midfield.

2 Likes

Well, at least we will be smalldicking with a bit more style

Quality Italian suits etc

1 Like

This is a manager who’s masterminded wins over peak Barcelona with Milan and several ultra competitive duels between them. A manager who took Juventus to two CL finals in three seasons earning wins over teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, peak Monaco etc etc.

Allegri may have floundered this season and become ultra cautious but let’s not act like he made a career out of “small dicking”. He had that Juventus team punching above it’s weight in Europe.

He’s one of the best coaches in the world. The difference between him and Emery is light and day.

7 Likes

I want us to be Leicester MK.II and have a fit starting 11 every week that concentrate solely on the league and play the youth lads in all the domestic cups.

I really feel like attaining top 4 next season and possibly booting spurs off a spot at CL football would be comparatively just as exciting as winning the EL trophy.

2 Likes